    I have tired looking in this BIOS to see if its a motherboard setting,
    yet have not been able to find anything. Please note I have tried
    this setup in both Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu.

    Bosco836, Sep 15, 2007

  2. Bosco836

    Bosco836 Guest

    On Sep 15, 11:27 am, Bosco836 <> wrote:
    > I have a Compaq Evo 550 which I recently acquired from the 2003 era.
    > It has built in, integrated video (from Intel). I also, have an old
    > Nvida MX4000 card which fits in the machine. However, when the Nvida
    > card is in, I can no longer used the integrated card. Is there a way
    > to enable the integrated card too, so that dual monitors can be used?
    > I have tired looking in this BIOS to see if its a motherboard setting,
    > yet have not been able to find anything. Please note I have tried
    > this setup in both Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu.
    >
    > Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    I made a typo in my last post. It should read that I have tired this
    setup in both XP Pro and Kubuntu, not Ubuntu.
    Bosco836, Sep 15, 2007

  3. Bosco836

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:27:07 -0700, Bosco836 wrote:

    >I have a Compaq Evo 550 which I recently acquired from the 2003 era.
    >It has built in, integrated video (from Intel). I also, have an old

    <snip>
    >to enable the integrated card too, so that dual monitors can be used?
    >I have tired looking in this BIOS to see if its a motherboard setting,

    Product into
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...dest_page=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en

    Don't see Evo 550, how about the model number (full) not just what looks
    like a cosmetic name. There is 500 and 520.

    Other support search options
    http://h18000.www1.hp.com/cpq_support.html

    >yet have not been able to find anything. Please note I have tried
    >this setup in both Windows XP Pro and Ubuntu.
    >
    >Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

    Me
    why?, Sep 15, 2007
  4. Bosco836

    Bosco836 Guest