Dual-monitor color profile assignment

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Teffy, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Teffy

    Teffy Guest

    I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
    ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
    independent mode.

    I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
    monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
    Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
    fine for the secondary display.

    But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
    an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
    error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
    color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.

    The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
    eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
    colorometer.

    Please advise!

    Teffy, Dec 6, 2003

  2. Teffy

    PhotoMan Guest

    "Teffy" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Matrox Millenium P750 multi-monitor graphics card and a
    > ColorVision monitor Spyder with PhotoCal. I am using 2 CRT's in
    > independent mode.
    >
    > I tried to assign profiles generated with the Spyder (one for each
    > monitor) by going to Windows (2000 Pro) Display Properties, Settings,
    > Advanced, Color Management to specify a profile filename. This works
    > fine for the secondary display.
    >
    > But, when I try it for the primary, and hit the Assign button, I get
    > an error message from "Microsoft Color Management System" stating, "An
    > error occurred while associating <profile.icm>. This is not a valid
    > color profile." The same .icm file works properly elsewhere.
    >
    > The only thing I can find in Matrox software is a calibration 'by
    > eyeball' similar to Adobe Gamma, which of course does not use the
    > colorometer.
    >
    > Please advise!

    Try this group:
    alt.comp.periphs.videocards.matrox