Dual Layer Taiyo Yuden DVD-R?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Stan Brown, May 13, 2012.

  1. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    I now have a drive that can write dual-layer disks, so I wanted to
    buy some blanks.

    Surprisingly, my search at Amazon for
    "dual layer" DVD-R "taiyo yuden"
    came up with a bunch of other brands but no Taiyo Yuden.

    Is my search flawed in some way that I'm missing?

    Does Taiyo Yuden not make dual layer DVD-R's? If that's the case,
    what brand would you recommend? (I checked at Videohelp.com, which
    I've not visited in a while, but couldn't find any recommendations of
    media.)


    --
    Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm
     
    Stan Brown, May 13, 2012
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Stan Brown

    kaboom Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2012 16:04:36 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >I now have a drive that can write dual-layer disks, so I wanted to
    >buy some blanks.
    >
    >Surprisingly, my search at Amazon for
    >"dual layer" DVD-R "taiyo yuden"
    >came up with a bunch of other brands but no Taiyo Yuden.
    >
    >Is my search flawed in some way that I'm missing?
    >
    >Does Taiyo Yuden not make dual layer DVD-R's? If that's the case,
    >what brand would you recommend? (I checked at Videohelp.com, which
    >I've not visited in a while, but couldn't find any recommendations of
    >media.)


    **Peruse these URLs for some recommendations:

    http://club.myce.com/f33/

    http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm

    http://club.myce.com/f33/taiyo-yuden-best-world-dl-exist-326651/


    I used to use the forums at afterdawn as well but they seem to be
    quite unpopulated lately.

    If you go dual layer, you have to go DVD+R. The best dual layers right
    now are the Verbatims. Last I knew, try to find Made in Singapore.

    kaboomie
     
    kaboom, May 14, 2012
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Stan Brown

    Stan Brown Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2012 19:05:20 -0400, kaboom wrote:
    >
    > On Sun, 13 May 2012 16:04:36 -0400, Stan Brown
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >I now have a drive that can write dual-layer disks, so I wanted to
    > >buy some blanks.
    > >
    > >Surprisingly, my search at Amazon for
    > >"dual layer" DVD-R "taiyo yuden"
    > >came up with a bunch of other brands but no Taiyo Yuden.
    > >
    > >Is my search flawed in some way that I'm missing?
    > >
    > >Does Taiyo Yuden not make dual layer DVD-R's? If that's the case,
    > >what brand would you recommend? (I checked at Videohelp.com, which
    > >I've not visited in a while, but couldn't find any recommendations of
    > >media.)

    >
    > **Peruse these URLs for some recommendations:
    >
    > http://club.myce.com/f33/
    >
    > http://www.digitalfaq.com/reviews/dvd-media.htm
    >
    > http://club.myce.com/f33/taiyo-yuden-best-world-dl-exist-326651/
    >
    >
    > I used to use the forums at afterdawn as well but they seem to be
    > quite unpopulated lately.
    >
    > If you go dual layer, you have to go DVD+R. The best dual layers right
    > now are the Verbatims. Last I knew, try to find Made in Singapore.


    Thanks for the fast response!

    I looked at your "digitalfaq" link, and they do recommend Verbatim
    (which surprised me) but said JVC Taiyo Yuden was "an excellent
    second choice".



    --
    Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Tompkins County, New York, USA
    http://OakRoadSystems.com/
    DVD FAQ: http://dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html
    other FAQs: http://oakroadsystems.com/genl/faqget.htm
     
    Stan Brown, May 14, 2012
    #3
  4. Stan Brown

    kaboom Guest

    On Sun, 13 May 2012 22:35:35 -0400, Stan Brown
    <> wrote:

    >Thanks for the fast response!
    >
    >I looked at your "digitalfaq" link, and they do recommend Verbatim
    >(which surprised me) but said JVC Taiyo Yuden was "an excellent
    >second choice".


    **You're welcome! I use Taiyo Yuden Premium Line DVD-R for
    single-layer burns and Verbatims (Singapore) for dual layer. Getting
    the Singapore Verbatims is beginning to become a crapshoot. The last
    time I bought recording media, I bought so much in one shot that I've
    been using that for the past couple of years. Now I'm running low and
    I have to order more TYs as well as some dual layers. I wait for
    specials at Supermediastore.

    kaboomie
     
    kaboom, May 15, 2012
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. TrashFish9

    Taiyo Yuden? Supermediastore.com?

    TrashFish9, Nov 19, 2004, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    531
    luminos
    Nov 19, 2004
  2. Alpha

    Taiyo Yuden Problem?

    Alpha, Jun 11, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    839
    Jill haoulder
    Jun 18, 2005
  3. Alpha

    Are all current Taiyo Yuden fake?

    Alpha, Jul 4, 2005, in forum: DVD Video
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    548
    Alpha
    Jul 4, 2005
  4. XYZ XYZee

    CD-Rs made by Taiyo Yuden

    XYZ XYZee, Apr 3, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    634
    TrashFish9
    Apr 5, 2004
  5. Replies:
    4
    Views:
    927
    Chris Hope
    Sep 30, 2005
Loading...

Share This Page