    I'm using Fujufilm brand DVDs. They cost me $20 for a pack of three.
    Yikes.
    do you think my incorrect entry of 8500 had something to do with that?

    Justin, Jul 28, 2005

  2. Justin

    Large Farva Guest

    "Justin" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Using DVDFab, I can enter a customized setting for the capacity of the
    > DVD... since I'm using Dual later, the package says 8.5 gigs... but
    > generally thats not quite right siince there's formatting and the like.
    > What number should I put in there?
    > http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2106/dunnowhattodo4yl.jpg
    >
    > this seems to have worked, I was able to copy the whole disc, but at
    > 1:34:00 into the movie I had some digital distortion - you know the
    > blocks and hosed sound.
    > I'm using Fujufilm brand DVDs. They cost me $20 for a pack of three.
    > Yikes.
    > do you think my incorrect entry of 8500 had something to do with that?

    No, I'd say the problem is your DVD player does not regonize the 2nd layer.
    Good luck finding a player that does. If you do, let me know..I've been
    searching for one.

    Large Farva, Jul 28, 2005

  3. Justin

    Justin Guest

    Large Farva wrote:
    > "Justin" <> wrote in message
    > > Using DVDFab, I can enter a customized setting for the capacity of the
    > > DVD... since I'm using Dual later, the package says 8.5 gigs... but
    > > generally thats not quite right siince there's formatting and the like.
    > > What number should I put in there?
    > > http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/2106/dunnowhattodo4yl.jpg
    > >
    > > this seems to have worked, I was able to copy the whole disc, but at
    > > 1:34:00 into the movie I had some digital distortion - you know the
    > > blocks and hosed sound.
    > > I'm using Fujufilm brand DVDs. They cost me $20 for a pack of three.
    > > Yikes.
    > > do you think my incorrect entry of 8500 had something to do with that?

    > No, I'd say the problem is your DVD player does not regonize the 2nd layer.
    > Good luck finding a player that does. If you do, let me know..I've been
    > searching for one.

    Its a Sony, and the distortion lasts for about three minutes, then
    subsides. I can see the ending of the movie just fine.

    Justin, Jul 28, 2005