    /ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
    Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.

    Bye.
    Jake Smith, Jun 27, 2004

  2. Jake Smith

    kaydigi Guest

    "Jake Smith" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Are their any discs to use on them anywhere yet if so how much ?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > /ps i don't even have anormal DVD burner still using my old fashioned
    > Cd burner, just call me GrandPa.
    >
    > Bye.

    Using the same hardware, there are some firmware hacks to change some single
    layer into dual layer burners.
    kaydigi, Jun 27, 2004

  3. Jake Smith

    luminos Guest

    The burner engineering needs only minimal (if any) change from the current
    burners, so they are cheap hardware.

    The only DL discs now are from Verbatim. You get 1 (one) dual layer disc
    and 9 other regular discs (+r and +RW) for $30 (!!!!!).
    Even these packages are near impossible to find in stock.

    The first discs will run anywhere from $7 to $13 each sometime in late July.

    luminos, Jun 27, 2004
  4. Jake Smith

    Jake Smith Guest

    And six months after that they will be 1.50 :)

    Or less, then Tri Layer discs will be anounced and so ona nd so on, we
    get royaly screwed all the time us PC users :0

    Jake Smith, Jun 27, 2004
  5. Jake Smith

    luminos Guest

    Dream on buddy.....they will be 1.50 when everyone goes to Blu-Ray.

    luminos, Jun 27, 2004