    getting, but not sure.

    Thaks,

    Kevin

    kcw, Aug 6, 2005

  2. kcw

    Darth Tater Guest

    Piss poor. I haven't found a player that will play them yet.

    Darth Tater, Aug 7, 2005

  3. kcw

    uray Guest

    "Darth Tater" <> wrote in message
    > Piss poor. I haven't found a player that will play them yet.
    >

    > "kcw" <> wrote in message
    >> Does anyone have any info on dual layer compatability? Thinking about
    >> getting, but not sure.
    >>
    >> Thaks,
    >>
    >> Kevin

    My cheap ass AMW seems to play them fine, just watched one the other day.
    That player is a cheap pice of crap, but it seems to play everything! My
    more expensive players don't seem to play much at all, they even balk at
    some stamped DVDs. Seems in the DVD world you don't get whay you pay for.

    uray, Aug 10, 2005
  4. kcw

    No One Guest

    uray wrote:
    > "Darth Tater" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Piss poor. I haven't found a player that will play them yet.
    >>

    >>"kcw" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Does anyone have any info on dual layer compatability? Thinking about
    >>>getting, but not sure.
    >>>
    >>>Thaks,
    >>>
    >>>Kevin

    > My cheap ass AMW seems to play them fine, just watched one the other day.
    > That player is a cheap pice of crap, but it seems to play everything! My
    > more expensive players don't seem to play much at all, they even balk at
    > some stamped DVDs. Seems in the DVD world you don't get whay you pay for.

    I have a cheap ass DVD/VCR combo that doesn't play some stamped DVDs.
    For instance, it plays the extended versions of "The Fellowship of the
    Ring" and "The Return of the King" just fine, but doesn't play "The Two
    Towers" at all (that's either movie DVD, though it plays all the extras
    fine).

    No One, Aug 10, 2005