Dual ISP Question

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by J.Cottingim, Apr 4, 2006.

  1. J.Cottingim

    J.Cottingim Guest

    Is there a way to have a router with an ethernet connection to two
    ISP's (and an inside interface of course) fail over from one ISP to the
    other when traffic stops flowing on the first one?

    * Neither ISP shares it's routing table. (it's not an option so don't
    suggest it)
    * Neither interface that faces the ISP's will go down (both ethernets
    attached to a switch)

    I was thinking of something with a route-map to a known "pingable"
    address - force it out primary ISP interface - but how do you make it
    fail-over to the backup ISP.

    Of course I could write a script that runs in conjunction with the
    route-map, but I'd really like to keep it on the router.

    Suggestions??

    ___ ___ ___ ___
    / \/ \ / \/ \
    | ISP A | | ISP B |