    y.y.y.y/24 --- Pix (static public/private entries) ---

    Thanks,

    Kevin
    Kevin Sonney, Apr 13, 2006

  2. Kevin Sonney

    Tim F Guest

    Your internal servers can definitely respond to both addresses but will only
    send replies one direction.

    You would just set two IPs on your server, but only one default gateway will
    be used.

    This creates a slight imbalance (both interfaces receive but only one
    transmits back out), but it sounds like it may just be temporary setup
    anyway and this should not be a problem.

    One thing to keep in mind though is that some ISPs will block traffic that
    does not originate from a block you "own" through them. In other words if
    you have 10.1.1.0/24 and your outbound traffic is addressed with a source on
    192.168.1.0/24 the ISP may block it. This prevents spoofing. You should
    ask your ISP whether you can transmit traffic from a netblock belonging to
    another provider. A lot of times, they can open a hole for you for just the
    one netblock.

    Best of luck

    Tim

    Tim F, Apr 14, 2006