    printer.

    I might have to wait until this is ready for prime time...

    Matthew Anderson
    anderson at jaseng.com

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=, Jun 10, 2005

  2. Matthew Anderson wrote:
    > Maybe it was a mistake to get two XP 64bit computers at this time - Can
    > someone tell me if I can "FORCE" installation to the C:\Program Files
    > directory easily ?

    Matthew, why would you want to do that? Just let it install where it
    wants to.

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005

  3. Matthew Anderson <Matthew > wrote:
    > Maybe it was a mistake to get two XP 64bit computers at this time -
    > Can someone tell me if I can "FORCE" installation to the C:\Program
    > Files directory easily ?
    >
    > When I install Autodesk's Land Desktop and indicate to install to the
    > C:\Program Files directory instead of C:\Program Files (x86)
    > directory - it appears that the installer using something called
    > WIN64DUALFOLDERS makes a substitution. This causes a problem for
    > some of our network shortcuts that refer to C:\Program Files
    > directory.
    >
    > I also have problems with no 64bit driver for the HP DesignJet 1050C
    > Plus printer.
    >
    > I might have to wait until this is ready for prime time...
    >
    > Matthew Anderson
    > anderson at jaseng.com

    32bit drivers are not going to work with x64, no way.
    You'll find drivers for your hp on www.planetamd64.com

    I don't understand why you want to change de default dir.
    C:\Program Files is only for 64bit softwares

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa

    Christian Hougardy, Jun 10, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    Really, I agree with Wayne - the separate Program Files folders for x32 and
    x64 programs are there for a reason. Also, I know in my case, I only look
    directly at the Program Files folder(s) when there's a problem. I don't
    look under the hood of my car every time I get in it to drive somewhere.

    M. Murcek, Jun 10, 2005
  5. But isn't the x64 Program Files there just to keep things neat and tidy?
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 10, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    He told you why. He has network shortcuts that point to C:\Program Files
    not C:\Program Files (x86)
    I assume he has a mixed system and can't change the shortcut so it points to
    the wrong directory on his 64bit system.

    John Barnes, Jun 10, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have the network install on the single computer can you just change
    the pointer in the shortcut?

    "Matthew Anderson" <Matthew > wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Jun 10, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Another possible solution is to put a shortcut in the Program Files pointing
    to the file where it is installed

    John Barnes, Jun 10, 2005
  9. John Barnes wrote:
    > He told you why. He has network shortcuts that point to C:\Program Files
    > not C:\Program Files (x86)
    > I assume he has a mixed system and can't change the shortcut so it points to
    > the wrong directory on his 64bit system.

    I thought as much. I was hoping HE would post this info.

    It is easy to change path names, if you know how. :)

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jun 10, 2005
  10. Thanks all for the comments -

    The problem is that I have 9 other regular XP and 2 XP64's computers....
    and I'ld like them all to be the same...

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=, Jun 10, 2005
  11. John is correct - I have a mixed set of systems. I've at least identified
    that it's windows installed that changes the directory to the (x86)
    regardless of what I type.

    So how do I change that path?....you've got me hooked...

    matt

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=, Jun 10, 2005
  12. Glad you fixed it. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    "Matthew Anderson" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jun 11, 2005
  13. I'll probably add the shortcut on the 2 64bit machines to point to the
    correct files.

    The website didn't have the driver I was looing for,,,I'll still hunt for a
    work around.

    =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=, Jun 11, 2005
  14. =?Utf-8?B?TWF0dGhldyBBbmRlcnNvbg==?=

    TimMayert

    Joined:
    Jul 26, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Matthew, did you ever get an answer for this?

    We have a 32 bit installer project that we have have to force files to go to the ..\Program Files\.. folder because we are working with a 3rd party app that has hardcoded their app to look for our software in the ..\Program Files\.. folder. Since it is a 3rd party app we have no control over it and they do not have the resources or time to change their app for this release.

    So did you get something that will force the folder?

    Oh and we do not want to currently support 2 install projects, one for 64 bit and one for 32 bit.

    Thanks,

    Tim Mayert.

    TimMayert, Jul 26, 2011