    there a dual Duron motherboard on this planet? If there is, has anyone
    insane enough to have tried it? :)

    Evans
    Evans Leung, Jul 14, 2004

  2. In article <>, "Evans Leung" <> wrote:
    >I have acquired a few Duron 800 from a friend of mine, I am wondering, is
    >there a dual Duron motherboard on this planet? If there is, has anyone
    >insane enough to have tried it? :)

    I don't think Durons are MP capable. Athlon MPs are, and you could
    tickle the older XPs with a conductive pen (dunno what they're called)
    to draw in a track to make them MP capable too. I think they changed
    the chip design so that's no longer possible, though.

    --
    Matthew Poole Auckland, New Zealand
    "Veni, vidi, velcro...

    My real e-mail is mattATp00leDOTnet
    Matthew Poole, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Evans Leung wrote:
    > I have acquired a few Duron 800 from a friend of mine, I am wondering, is
    > there a dual Duron motherboard on this planet? If there is, has anyone
    > insane enough to have tried it? :)

    Tyan Tiger 760mp... it doesnt officially, but it works.

    It'll cost ~$400-500 and needs registered ECC, and generally doesnt
    perform as well as two single CPU machines(which would also be cheaper
    to build).
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 14, 2004
  4. Matthew Poole wrote:
    > I don't think Durons are MP capable. Athlon MPs are, and you could
    > tickle the older XPs with a conductive pen (dunno what they're called)
    > to draw in a track to make them MP capable too. I think they changed
    > the chip design so that's no longer possible, though.

    almost right... the Durons until ~>1200MHz are MP capable, just not
    certified.
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Jul 14, 2004
  5. Evans Leung

    Brett Guest

    On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:03:12 +1200, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <dave@no_spam_here_dave.net.nz> wrote:

    >Evans Leung wrote:
    >> I have acquired a few Duron 800 from a friend of mine, I am wondering, is
    >> there a dual Duron motherboard on this planet? If there is, has anyone
    >> insane enough to have tried it? :)

    >Tyan Tiger 760mp... it doesnt officially, but it works.
    >
    >It'll cost ~$400-500 and needs registered ECC, and generally doesnt
    >perform as well as two single CPU machines(which would also be cheaper
    >to build).

    You could make you own diy supercomputer,
    http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=diy cluster computer supercomputer&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&meta=

    http://librenix.com/?inode=1088

    http://www.bbcworld.com/content/clickonline_archive_31_2002.asp?pageid=666&co_pageid=3

    Brett