    hand PCI video card?

    Cheers,
    Evans
    Evans Leung, Jul 16, 2004

  2. In article <>, says...
    > Hi,
    >
    > setup a WinXP pro machine with 2 monitors, 1 is onboard video card, and
    > another is a 4MB PCI video card.
    >
    > Trouble is the 4MB PCI video card can only display 800x600, does anyone have
    > a PCI video to swap? If not, can someone suggest a place to look for a 2nd
    > hand PCI video card?

    Must be a crappy old card not to support anything higher. Try lowering
    the refresh rate or colour depth.
    Patrick Dunford, Jul 16, 2004

  3. Evans Leung

    Brett Guest

    On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 23:45:04 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>, says...
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> setup a WinXP pro machine with 2 monitors, 1 is onboard video card, and
    >> another is a 4MB PCI video card.
    >>
    >> Trouble is the 4MB PCI video card can only display 800x600, does anyone have
    >> a PCI video to swap? If not, can someone suggest a place to look for a 2nd
    >> hand PCI video card?

    >Must be a crappy old card not to support anything higher. Try lowering
    >the refresh rate or colour depth.

    Does the card work with xp in dual monitor mode, I had to find one that
    had (I think) a PC98 compatible to work. Most of the older cards didn't.
    What brand and model is the card you have?
    Brett, Jul 17, 2004