Dual Display questions involving 2 video cards...

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by RJ Jr., Jan 28, 2005.

  1. RJ Jr.

    RJ Jr. Guest

    Hi all, and yeah, I'm going to get two questions in this post for the
    price of one...Thanks to anyone who answers...

    1 - I use an All In Wonder 9000 Pro as my primary display adaptor. It
    is in the AGP slot of my motherboard. I am trying to set up a second
    display using a PCI GFX card. I have tried using a TNT2 M64 Riva PCI
    card, but when WinXP loads, it tells me that I am using a driver that
    is too old for XP. This error message persists even with an updated
    Nvidia driver. The AIW card is set up in BIOS as the primary card, as
    I want the TV part to function. I checked the HCL, and it seems that
    the TNT2 card is compatible with XP. Any clues/remedies?

    2 - I have achieved dual display bliss with the AIW 9000 Pro in AGP
    and an ATI Rage XL cheapo display device in the PCI. However, when I
    leave the AIW as the primary display, the Rage XL will not load
    correctly. When I move the Rage XL to the primary spot in BIOS,
    everything loads fine, but the TV function will not work from the AIW
    card. Is there something I can do to make everything work at once?

    TIA to any responders...
    RJ Jr., Jan 28, 2005