    other variations of monitors when there's only 1 3007. but if there's 2
    3007s the second will never display a picture.

    Any ideas? Thanks.

    spaf, Jan 10, 2008

  2. There could be an issue regarding the resolution you might just be asking
    your graphic card too much.

    Dean (nite2kx), Jan 12, 2008

  3. spaf

    Rune Moberg Guest

    "spaf" <> wrote in message
    > I've tried several different machines, Lots of different versions of the
    > nVidia drivers. nVidia 8800gtx, 7950, 3450 quadro and ATi cards.

    A couple of observations:
    - Does 7950 support dual dual-link? (8800GTX should be good though, but
    7800GTX only had a single dual-link output -- verify this by putting the 30"
    on the other connector)
    - Which driver version?

    FWIW, and it probably doesn't do you any good, but my laptop (MacBookPro)
    failed miserably with some of the "older" nVidia drivers. The driver that
    was released as beta around November fixed it so I can finally hook up an
    external monitor and extend my desktop. Drivers previous to that were
    braindead.

    As such, I strongly suspect the issue is with nVidia's poorly functioning
    drivers. :(

    --
    Rune

    Rune Moberg, Jan 14, 2008
  4. spaf

    Jess Guest

    It's my understanding that each 3007WFP requires a Dual-LINK connector. It
    is also my understanding that on some video cards that Dual-Link might be
    just ONE of your DVI connectors. This means that in this scenerio you would
    require another video card to drive your second 3007wfp monitor OR replace
    your current video card with a DUAL-DUAL-LINK graphic card..... I'm sure you
    already found this - but I thought I'd offer another possibility, just in
    case.

    Jess

    Jess, Mar 15, 2008