    not only of playing native games and well-known titles under emulation but
    also movies, music and picture slideshows. ""

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Have A Nice Cup of Tea, May 9, 2006

  2. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 09 May 2006 23:00:36 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    exclaimed:

    >http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/09/gp2x_linux_console_launch/
    >
    >"" The successor to the Linux-based GP32 handheld games console will
    >launch in the UK on the 18 May, promising to bring gamers a gadget capable
    >not only of playing native games and well-known titles under emulation but
    >also movies, music and picture slideshows. ""

    Oh my god!!! A handheld device that can play movies, music and picture
    slideshows!! And only about 5 years behind the rest of the market!!

    Sony, Apple, and every other of the thousands of companies that have
    made similar devices will be quivering in their boots.

    Fred Dagg, May 9, 2006

  3. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Jennings Guest

    On Wed, 10 May 2006 00:51:07 +1200, Fred Dagg wrote:

    > On Tue, 09 May 2006 23:00:36 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    > exclaimed:
    >
    >>http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/09/gp2x_linux_console_launch/
    >>
    >>"" The successor to the Linux-based GP32 handheld games console will
    >>launch in the UK on the 18 May, promising to bring gamers a gadget capable
    >>not only of playing native games and well-known titles under emulation but
    >>also movies, music and picture slideshows. ""

    > Oh my god!!! A handheld device that can play movies, music and picture
    > slideshows!! And only about 5 years behind the rest of the market!!
    >
    > Sony, Apple, and every other of the thousands of companies that have
    > made similar devices will be quivering in their boots.

    You know how Bling treats every linux event as some point in
    history akin to the rebirth of christ.

    J.

    Jennings, May 9, 2006
  4. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Fred Dagg wrote:
    > On Tue, 09 May 2006 23:00:36 +1200, Have A Nice Cup of Tea <>
    > exclaimed:
    >
    >> http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/05/09/gp2x_linux_console_launch/
    >>
    >> "" The successor to the Linux-based GP32 handheld games console will
    >> launch in the UK on the 18 May, promising to bring gamers a gadget capable
    >> not only of playing native games and well-known titles under emulation but
    >> also movies, music and picture slideshows. ""

    > Oh my god!!! A handheld device that can play movies, music and picture
    > slideshows!! And only about 5 years behind the rest of the market!!

    3 years, more likely.

    The GP32 has already been around for a couple of years so they aren't
    behind the rest of the market at all and in fact are ahead of the market
    demand; iPod video has been around less than a year.

    > Sony, Apple, and every other of the thousands of companies that have
    > made similar devices will be quivering in their boots.

    Why consider this from the viewpoint of these companies, instead of from
    the customer's viewpoint? More choice is better, and the GP32 is *much*
    cheaper than the other mainstream devices.

    -=rjh=-, May 9, 2006
  5. Have A Nice Cup of Tea

    Hank Guest

    Hank, May 10, 2006