    hotfix installed.

    MS's hotfix info page says it pertains to 2003 x64 along with the 32-bit
    XP's. So this makes me think it also affects Pro x64.

    Dustin Neal, Feb 28, 2006

  2. If it applies to Server 2k3 x64, then it applies to XP x64 - they're on the
    same code base.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Dustin Neal

    Larry Hodges Guest

    I don't believe I've installed this hotfix on my x64. Should I? And if so,
    do you by chance have a link? I did a quick look on MS's site, but couldn't
    find anything.

    -Larry

    Larry Hodges, Mar 1, 2006
  4. I think this issue was debated here a while ago - it would seem MS Support
    has not released the item for download, but you need to contact Support and
    state your problem and they will ship it to you. (Probably by sending you a
    Link with an ID Key)

    Despite my frequent whining over lack of talent in finding things on the
    net, I managed quite effortlessly to digg out this:
    ..
    ..
    ..
    RESOLUTION
    Hotfix information
    A supported hotfix is now available from Microsoft, but it is only intended
    to correct the problem that is described in this article. Only apply it to
    systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix may receive
    additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this
    problem, we recommend that you wait for the next Windows XP service pack
    that contains this hotfix.

    To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support
    Services to obtain the hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Product
    Support Services telephone numbers and information about support costs,
    visit the following Microsoft Web site:
    http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support
    (http://support.microsoft.com/contactus/?ws=support)
    Note In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support
    calls may be canceled if a Microsoft Support Professional determines that a
    specific update will resolve your problem. The usual support costs will
    apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for the
    specific update in question.

    ..
    ..
    ..

    This is targeted for XP, but you can iron out any wrinkles with the contact
    yourself so you get the correct version.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Mar 1, 2006
  5. Hi,
    is it KB912364
    you look for ?
    regards jk

    Juergen Kluth, Mar 1, 2006
  6. Dustin Neal

    Peter Lawton Guest

    I think what you want is KB895980

    Peter Lawton

    Peter Lawton, Mar 1, 2006
  7. The only dual-core specific hotfix I know about is 896256. You're not likely
    to need it unless you are running a virtual machine that you assign multiple
    processors to.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 1, 2006
  8. > Is there a similar hotfix as was released for XP 32, for x64? I was
    > playing Unreal II yesterday and noticed the strange shift to slow-motion
    > and back to normal occasionally, a problem I didn't have on XP32 with the
    > dual core hotfix installed.

    There has been a lot of buzz on the gaming sites about this issue, pointing
    to KB896256 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896256) as proof that there
    is something in Windows that is causing this problem. Actually, that
    private hotfix is not the fix to this timing problem, although some early
    reports demonstrated that it changed the reproducibility. The reality is
    that this particular hotfix *already exists* in the Windows Server 2003 SP1
    codebase, and therefore is already present on Windows XP Pro x64. Notice
    you are still having the problem.

    The problem you are seeing is actually addressed by KB900944
    (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/909944). In short, try updating your
    processor driver to the latest version from AMD or Intel (likely you have an
    AMD X2) and see if that fixes it.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Game Technology Group

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Mar 2, 2006
  9. Doesn't solve my issue, which is the timestamp mismatch. :( That's 896256 -
    it's causing issues in VMWare - can't give two procs to a VM.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 2, 2006
  10. The hotfix can be downloaded from amdzone

    Have a look at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

    Brian

    Brian P Fielding, Mar 2, 2006
  11. > Have a look at http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=81429

    Step 1 alone probably fixes 99% of user's issues. The redistribution of a
    private hotfix and installing it on your system is not a great idea from a
    security or stability perspective.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Game Technology Group

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], Mar 2, 2006
  12. Count me old fashioned. I don't EVER download ANYTHING that is a "microsoft"
    fix from a third party. I get it from MS or not at all.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Mar 3, 2006