    MSI motherboard
    80 g hdd
    athlon xp 3200 cpu

    F1King, Sep 11, 2005

  2. F1King

    Noel Paton Guest

    "F1King" <LeAveMe.AlOne@hOmeplease> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi all
    > Ran memtest on my pc. I seem to get error messages only when my 2
    > 512 (400mhz) DDR ram are duel channelled. When my memory is removed and
    > place in slots 2 and 3 I don't receive this error message. My motherboard
    > is
    > msi. Cold it be something I need to change in the bios to aviod these
    > errors?
    > Thanks for reading.
    >

    > Windows xp
    > 2 x512 ddr ram
    > MSI motherboard
    > 80 g hdd
    > athlon xp 3200 cpu

    What EXACTLY is your motehrboard?
    What is the EXACT problem/error message??

    I'm not sure that MEMTEST can actually cope with Dual-Channel RAM - which
    version are you using??

    --
    Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)

    Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

    http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Noel Paton, Sep 11, 2005

  3. F1King

    F1King Guest

    "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message

    > "F1King" <LeAveMe.AlOne@hOmeplease> wrote in message
    > > Hi all
    > > Ran memtest on my pc. I seem to get error messages only when my

    > > 512 (400mhz) DDR ram are duel channelled. When my memory is removed and
    > > place in slots 2 and 3 I don't receive this error message. My

    motherboard
    > > is
    > > msi. Cold it be something I need to change in the bios to aviod these
    > > errors?
    > > Thanks for reading.
    > >

    > > Windows xp
    > > 2 x512 ddr ram
    > > MSI motherboard
    > > 80 g hdd
    > > athlon xp 3200 cpu
    > >

    > What EXACTLY is your motehrboard?
    > What is the EXACT problem/error message??
    >
    > I'm not sure that MEMTEST can actually cope with Dual-Channel RAM - which
    > version are you using??
    >

    > --
    > Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2005, Windows)
    >
    > Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
    >
    > http://tinyurl.com/6oztj

    Hi.
    Motherboard is Msi k7n2 delta. The error said:
    "Error with pair # 59408401 or 59408310 either could be the source"
    As for the memtest version....didn't know they were different versions. This
    one I have is just called memtest,if its any help you have to input the
    amount of memory you want to be tested. Its not the standalone version
    (memtest86). If i find out I'll post back.
    Regards

    F1King, Sep 11, 2005
  4. F1King

    fred-bloggs Guest

    > Hi all
    > Ran memtest on my pc. I seem to get error messages only when
    > my 2 x
    > 512 (400mhz) DDR ram are duel channelled. When my memory is removed
    > and place in slots 2 and 3 I don't receive this error message. My
    > motherboard is msi. Cold it be something I need to change in the bios
    > to aviod these errors?
    > Thanks for reading.

    Try using manual timing for CAS latency,Tras,Trcd and Trp.
    Obtain these values from the RAM manufacturers site.
    In BIOS, Advanced Chipset, press enter to access the DRAM configuration.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Sep 11, 2005
  5. F1King

    > "Noel Paton" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "F1King" <LeAveMe.AlOne@hOmeplease> wrote in message
    >> > Hi all
    >> > Ran memtest on my pc. I seem to get error messages only when my

    > 2
    >> > 512 (400mhz) DDR ram are duel channelled. When my memory is removed and
    >> > place in slots 2 and 3 I don't receive this error message. My

    > motherboard
    >> > is
    >> > msi. Cold it be something I need to change in the bios to aviod these
    >> > errors?
    >> > Thanks for reading.
    >> >

    >> > Windows xp
    >> > 2 x512 ddr ram
    >> > MSI motherboard
    >> > 80 g hdd
    >> > athlon xp 3200 cpu
    >> >

    >> What EXACTLY is your motehrboard?
    >> What is the EXACT problem/error message??
    >>
    >> I'm not sure that MEMTEST can actually cope with Dual-Channel RAM - which
    >> version are you using??
    >>

    > Hi.
    > Motherboard is Msi k7n2 delta. The error said:
    > "Error with pair # 59408401 or 59408310 either could be the source"
    > As for the memtest version....didn't know they were different versions.
    > This
    > one I have is just called memtest,if its any help you have to input the
    > amount of memory you want to be tested. Its not the standalone version
    > (memtest86). If i find out I'll post back.
    > Regards

    Reason I ask which version of memtest is that there appear to be a number of
    programs with the same name - and not all are even from the same place.
    If yours is the one that 'runs in Windows' I suggest that you don't run it
    in Windows - but from DOS, and see if that gives the same error.

    Noel Paton, Sep 11, 2005
  6. F1King

    F1King Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "F1King" <LeAveMe.AlOne@hOmeplease> wrote in
    >
    > > Hi all
    > > Ran memtest on my pc. I seem to get error messages only when
    > > my 2 x
    > > 512 (400mhz) DDR ram are duel channelled. When my memory is removed
    > > and place in slots 2 and 3 I don't receive this error message. My
    > > motherboard is msi. Cold it be something I need to change in the bios
    > > to aviod these errors?
    > > Thanks for reading.
    > >

    > Try using manual timing for CAS latency,Tras,Trcd and Trp.
    > Obtain these values from the RAM manufacturers site.
    > In BIOS, Advanced Chipset, press enter to access the DRAM configuration.
    >

    > --
    > fred

    Thanks all,for your help.
    Im going to check out the rams website for the settings mentioned.
    I have tested my memory before with memtest86(I booted with cd
    image),passed all test though.
    Having problems with pc jumping out of games I'm playing. Memory dumps and
    then restarts.
    These things are sent to try us I guess.
    I'll keep hunting.
    BIG thank you.

    F1King, Sep 11, 2005
  7. F1King

    MrGrumpy Guest

    Some mem modules require 'lowering' their timings, I would suggest
    contacting the mem manu and supplying full specs of your mobo/cpu and
    mem.modules.

    I've seen this problem on 'value' dual mem modules from a major manu.
    Installing the 'better' modules got rid of the problem.

    MrGrumpy, Sep 11, 2005