    I need help.
    Thank you all.
    Hogan

    Hogan &&&&, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Hogan &&&&

    Mark Mandell Guest

    "Hogan &&&&" <> wrote in message
    news:44461c82$...
    > My windows xp home is installed in my hard disk with about 147 GB free
    > space. Now the disk's partitioned.
    > I want to take some giga bytes to install another booting windows.
    > How can I do this. I remember, in the past we were using
    > the "Fdisk" command.I know nothing about this command.
    > Are there an easy method?
    > Can I do disk "Quota".
    > I need help.
    > Thank you all.
    > Hogan

    Win XP needs to be the second system you have installed though I've heard
    there might be some kind of workaround for this.

    Mark Mandell, Apr 19, 2006

  3. Hogan &&&&

    bmoag Guest

    It depends.
    The easiest way is to buy a boot loader program.
    There is no reason to dual boot between different versions of Windows unless
    there is no other way to use a specific program or piece of hardware not
    compatible with WinXP.
    Win64 can be installed on a second partition, after WinXP has been installed
    as in your case, and will automatically install a boot loader that gives you
    a choice of which OS to start.

    bmoag, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Hogan &&&&

    philo Guest

    Hogan &&&& wrote:
    > My windows xp home is installed in my hard disk with about 147 GB free
    > space. Now the disk's partitioned.
    > I want to take some giga bytes to install another booting windows.
    > How can I do this. I remember, in the past we were using
    > the "Fdisk" command.I know nothing about this command.

    SNIP

    XP does not use fdisk
    you need to use disk management to create partitions from existing free
    space

    philo, Apr 19, 2006
  5. Hogan &&&&

    Uplink Guest

    Partition Magic 8 is the easiest way I'v used to partition and install OSs

    Uplink, May 3, 2006