Dual Booting 32 Bit and 64 Bit XP

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdEphbmU=?=, Sep 15, 2005.

  1. I am setting up a test environment for 32 bit and 64 bit XP. 64 Bit sets up
    just fine, but I can't get the 32 bit to install after. Has anyone done this?

    =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdEphbmU=?=, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Install the latest version of the OS last, in this case, you should have
    installed Windows XP (32 bit first), then proceeded to install Windows XP
    x64.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Sep 15, 2005

  3. The rule is always to install OS's in the order they were originally
    released. So you need to install all your 32bit OS's before you install your
    64bit ones.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 15, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?SnVzdEphbmU=?=

    honjo Guest

    You have two options:

    1) Install WXP x86 then WXP x64 as other poster already suggested.
    2) Get hard a disk utility such as Partition Magic 8, create a new
    primary partition, and install WXP x64 there.
    If you opted for 2), switching between WXP x86 and WXP x64 can be done
    using "PQBoot for Windows" , utility which comes with Partition Magic.

    Kaz

    honjo, Sep 15, 2005