    I have 2 boots on my hd, i want to remove one, any idea will be appreciated,

    Thx

    Yves

    Yves, Sep 30, 2003

  2. Yves

    Harrison Guest

    What are the two?

    If you want to leave Windows XP, it's pretty easy.

    1. Delete the files or partition relevant to the other OS.
    2. Boot to the XP CD, Press R. Confirm the location of the XP
    installtion. At the prompt, type "fixmbr". This will overwrite the
    existing boot record wih the XP boot record for your installation.

    Harrison, Sep 30, 2003

  3. Yves

    Kenny Guest

    Same problem after a failed install left me with 2 XP's in boot menu solved
    by following the steps here:

    http://tweakhomepc.virtualave.net/dual/removedualboot.html
    --

    Kenny