  1. I'm about to install Vista 32-bit on my home computer. I have Win XP Pro
    installed, plus I have an extra hard drive connected. I'm just wondering if I
    can install Vista on my spare hard drive and choose OS when starting BIOS?

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9iYmVseQ==?=, Oct 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VG9iYmVseQ==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you want to control the selection of OS at BIOS time, I suggest you
    disconnect the XP Home when you install Vista. If you want to use the Vista
    Boot seletor leave it connected. The BIOS approach with XP disconnected
    makes it a little easier to eliminate Vista from your system if you decide
    you no longer want it.

    John Barnes, Oct 12, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VG9iYmVseQ==?=

    mikeyhsd Guest

    to boot your computer and be able to select which OS , boot XP and then insert the vista dvd in the drive and when it asks where to install, select the proper disk/partition.
    it will construct multi-boot info on your XP drive/partition.

    mikeyhsd, Oct 12, 2006
  4. I have installed Vista (couldn't wait...) but I could't choose partition, so
    I installed it over XP. I was worried that it might not work since it's a
    beta version, but it seems to work well. I guess time will show if it works
    or not. Thx for your help, guys.

    =?Utf-8?B?VG9iYmVseQ==?=, Oct 13, 2006