    recomend .
    --
    Barrie Hall
    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9va2llYmVhcg==?=, Sep 21, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Tm9va2llYmVhcg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Just guessing that you installed x64 with your x86 unplugged. If so, you
    need to edit your boot.ini file on your system drive to include both
    systems. Then you will be offered both systems when you boot. You can edit
    your boot.ini in System Properties, or use the Recovery Console bootcfg
    to add the other OS to the boot.ini

    John Barnes, Sep 21, 2005

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Tm9va2llYmVhcg==?=

    Ralf Krause Guest

    About the 3GB thing. Be sure to look for a setting in your bios that is
    named memory hole protection or something like that. Be sure to turn it off.

    ralf
    Ralf Krause, Sep 21, 2005
  4. I will check that bios setting in the morning and get back to you
    I reformated and instaled xp pro on c: drive no problem, leaving d: for data
    when i came to install xp64 it reversed the drive saying d: had xp pro on and
    c: for data so i quit the install do you think its best to have the sepret
    disk xp64 and change in the bios befor booting god im getting confused
    Thanks
    --
    Barrie Hall

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9va2llYmVhcg==?=, Sep 21, 2005
  5. hi partion one drive into two, then instal 32bit on one side and then 64bit
    on the other side of the same drive, then use your other raptor for
    data/storage . dont use fat32 its a crap file system . then reboot your X64
    and it should say what op would you like to boot , tip install your games
    in32bit op on data/storage drive, then you can play um of it when running
    64bit
    see ya
    cyberman

    =?Utf-8?B?Y3liZXJtYW5mbGVjaA==?=, Sep 21, 2005
  6. Check out KB Article # 896455 about dual booting

    =?Utf-8?B?anc=?=, Sep 30, 2005
  7. Hello,
    Look at this article for issues with memory changes for Windows XP with SP2
    at 4 gig or above.
    888137 The amount of RAM reported by the System Properties dialog box and
    the
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=888137

    additional memory info for not seeing all memory issues.
    888855 The System tool and Task Manager do not display 4 GB of RAM in
    Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=888855

    As for processors what is the question? Is Windows XP not seeing all the
    processors?
    What is showing in Device Manager under Computer?
    Thanks,
    Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

    <From: "=?Utf-8?B?anc=?=" <>