    install Vista again.

    A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.

    Any help appreciated, Ronald
    ronald, Jul 16, 2007

  2. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "ronald" <> wrote in message
    news:8GImi.24596$...
    > Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given Windows
    > Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive (IDE) so I
    > disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide drive So now I
    > want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer and scanner do not
    > have drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata drive but it now shows as
    > drive E: Is there an easy way to set up dual booting or should I wipe
    > Vista, get my computer booting from the sata drive, then reconnect the IDE
    > drive and install Vista again.
    >
    > A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >
    > Any help appreciated, Ronald

    You should post to a Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or
    Install_Setup to get answers.

    msnews.microsoft.com

    You also have this option with Vista Ultimate, which is free.
    ..
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/virtualpc/default.mspx

    http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007

  3. ronald

    John Holmes Guest

    ronald "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given
    > Windows Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive
    > (IDE) so I disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide
    > drive So now I want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer
    > and scanner do not have drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata
    > drive but it now shows as drive E: Is there an easy way to set up dual
    > booting or should I wipe Vista, get my computer booting from the sata
    > drive, then reconnect the IDE drive and install Vista again.
    >
    > A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >
    > Any help appreciated, Ronald

    Leave it like it is, and choose which drive you want to boot from in the
    BIOS.

    --
    You uncouth drip of slimy slime-mould.
    John Holmes, Jul 16, 2007
  4. ronald

    Cnut Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > schreef in bericht

    > "ronald" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given Windows
    >> Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive (IDE) so I
    >> disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide drive So now I
    >> want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer and scanner do not
    >> have drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata drive but it now shows
    >> as drive E: Is there an easy way to set up dual booting or should I wipe
    >> Vista, get my computer booting from the sata drive, then reconnect the
    >> IDE drive and install Vista again.
    >>
    >> A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >>
    >> Any help appreciated, Ronald

    > You should post to a Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or
    > Install_Setup to get answers. <bitchslap>

    He got an answer, you fucking brain dead cnutflap BuHane!
    Cnut, Jul 16, 2007
  5. ronald

    Allan Guest

    "Cnut" <> wrote in message news:f7fs17$sf7$...
    > "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > schreef in bericht
    >>
    >> "ronald" <> wrote in message
    >>> Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given
    >>> Windows Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive (IDE)
    >>> so I disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide drive So
    >>> now I want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer and scanner
    >>> do not have drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata drive but it now
    >>> shows as drive E: Is there an easy way to set up dual booting or should
    >>> I wipe Vista, get my computer booting from the sata drive, then
    >>> reconnect the IDE drive and install Vista again.
    >>>
    >>> A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >>>
    >>> Any help appreciated, Ronald

    >> You should post to a Microsoft.Public.Windows.Vista NG like General or
    >> Install_Setup to get answers. <bitchslap>

    > He got an answer, you fucking brain dead cnutflap BuHane!

    Here is another answer/option/possiblity anyway :
    http://www.vistabootpro.org/ .
    Allan, Jul 16, 2007
  6. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    > He got an answer, you fucking brain dead cnutflap BuHane!

    Why can't you get a damn life and get the fucking Hell of the Internet you
    fucking sick ****, playing Internet police *hag*?
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  7. ronald

    Ron Martell Guest

    "ronald" <> wrote:

    >Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given Windows
    >Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive (IDE) so I
    >disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide drive So now I
    >want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer and scanner do not have
    >drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata drive but it now shows as drive
    >E: Is there an easy way to set up dual booting or should I wipe Vista, get
    >my computer booting from the sata drive, then reconnect the IDE drive and
    >install Vista again.
    >
    >A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >
    >Any help appreciated, Ronald

    To properly and safely dual boot Windows XP and Vista you really need
    to have a third party boot manager program such as BootItNG
    (www.bootitng.com) and to configure it so that it hides the partition
    containing the non-booting operating system (e.g. when Windows XP is
    booted the Vista partition is hidden and when Vista is booted the XP
    partition is hiddent).

    The reason for this is because of Windows XP. If Windows XP detects
    the Vista drive/partition it will automatically configure Windows XP
    System Restore to monitor that drive. It will then detect the System
    Restore data created by Windows Vista, consider it as being corrupted,
    and delete it all. The end result is that the System Restore
    functionality in Windows Vista will not work.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2008)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    has never been in bed with a mosquito."
    Ron Martell, Jul 16, 2007
  8. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > "ronald" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given Windows
    >>Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive (IDE) so I
    >>disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide drive So now I
    >>want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer and scanner do not
    >>have
    >>drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata drive but it now shows as
    >>drive
    >>E: Is there an easy way to set up dual booting or should I wipe Vista, get
    >>my computer booting from the sata drive, then reconnect the IDE drive and
    >>install Vista again.
    >>
    >>A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated, Ronald
    >>

    > To properly and safely dual boot Windows XP and Vista you really need
    > to have a third party boot manager program such as BootItNG
    > (www.bootitng.com) and to configure it so that it hides the partition
    > containing the non-booting operating system (e.g. when Windows XP is
    > booted the Vista partition is hidden and when Vista is booted the XP
    > partition is hiddent).
    >
    > The reason for this is because of Windows XP. If Windows XP detects
    > the Vista drive/partition it will automatically configure Windows XP
    > System Restore to monitor that drive. It will then detect the System
    > Restore data created by Windows Vista, consider it as being corrupted,
    > and delete it all. The end result is that the System Restore
    > functionality in Windows Vista will not work.

    Why to go MVP I don't see you over there in the MS.Public.Windows.Vista
    NG(s), with other MVP(s).

    Why not?
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  9. ronald

    Rebecca Guest

    Mr. Arnold wrote:
    >> He got an answer, you fucking brain dead cnutflap BuHane!
    >>

    > Why can't you get a damn life and get the fucking Hell of the
    > Internet you fucking sick ****, playing Internet police *hag*?

    He really gets to you, huh.
    Rebecca, Jul 16, 2007
  10. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: <Plank> Internet Police *Hag*

    Oh no, don't write me up, Internet Police *hag*. Officer, your badge is
    shiny and bright. Can you take the flash light and your badge out of my
    eyes, officer?

    <Plank> and you know I don't have to spell it out for you, officer.
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  11. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: One other thning here Internet Police hag.

    Internet Police *hag*, it's illegal for you stop me with an unmarked post,
    no troll identification, no flashing post signals, and no *bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa*
    siren, indicating the Internet Police *hag* is on the scene, officer.

    It really is illegal, <PLANK>.
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  12. Re: One other thning here Internet Police hag.

    > Internet Police *hag*, it's illegal for you stop me with an unmarked post,
    > no troll identification, no flashing post signals, and no
    > *bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa* siren, indicating the Internet Police *hag* is on the
    > scene, officer.
    >
    > It really is illegal, <PLANK>.

    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!! Fucking deluded BuHane!
    You still believe that every regular in alt.os.windows-xp = K-man, isn't it!
    lol , your so cute!
    Arsene den Rode-Apenkontjager, Jul 16, 2007
  13. ronald

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    Re: Thanks Internet Police *Hag* for the correct procedures in a troll post pull over.

    > BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAH!! Fucking deluded BuHane!

    My Internet posting insurance has another one of your numerous tickets
    against it. I do have attempted assignation insurance too. :)
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  14. ronald

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Mr. Arnold" <MR. > wrote:

    >Why to go MVP I don't see you over there in the MS.Public.Windows.Vista
    >NG(s), with other MVP(s).
    >
    >Why not?

    Because for the moment I prefer to stick with the Windows XP, Windows
    Me, Windows 98, and Windows 95 newsgroups. There are a large number
    of MVPs and other technically savvy people working the Vista
    newsgroups and they seem to be managing quite well.

    If the volume of traffic on these other Windows newsgroups continues
    to decline then I will eventually add at least some of the Vista
    groups to my participation list.

    Ron Martell, Jul 16, 2007
  15. ronald

    John Holmes Guest

    Ron Martell "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > "ronald" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi I have a computer with Windows XP on a sata drive. I was given
    >>Windows Vista Ultimate and decided to install it on another drive
    >>(IDE) so I disconnected my sata drive and installed Vista on the ide
    >>drive So now I want to dual boot between Vista and XP as my printer
    >>and scanner do not have drivers for Vista. So I reconnected my sata
    >>drive but it now shows as drive E: Is there an easy way to set up dual
    >>booting or should I wipe Vista, get my computer booting from the sata
    >>drive, then reconnect the IDE drive and install Vista again.
    >>
    >>A new printer and scanner are not an option at this time.
    >>
    >>Any help appreciated, Ronald
    >>

    > To properly and safely dual boot Windows XP and Vista you really need
    > to have a third party boot manager program such as BootItNG
    > (www.bootitng.com) and to configure it so that it hides the partition
    > containing the non-booting operating system (e.g. when Windows XP is
    > booted the Vista partition is hidden and when Vista is booted the XP
    > partition is hiddent).
    >
    > The reason for this is because of Windows XP. If Windows XP detects
    > the Vista drive/partition it will automatically configure Windows XP
    > System Restore to monitor that drive. It will then detect the System
    > Restore data created by Windows Vista, consider it as being corrupted,
    > and delete it all. The end result is that the System Restore
    > functionality in Windows Vista will not work.
    >
    > Good luck
    >
    > Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada

    Another option is to turn off system restore on all drives in XP, like
    everyone should. Who, for crying out loud, would want that fucked up
    feature enabled by default?

    --
    You brain-dead shred of nasty turkey puke.
    John Holmes, Jul 16, 2007
  16. ronald

    Ron Martell Guest

    John Holmes <> wrote:

    >Another option is to turn off system restore on all drives in XP, like
    >everyone should. Who, for crying out loud, would want that fucked up
    >feature enabled by default?

    Because if you understand it correctly and use it properly it can and
    does do an excellent job of doing what it was intended to for, such as
    recovering from a botched program installation, Windows update issues,
    etc.

    The biggest failing is in the choice of names. It should be called
    "Operating System Restore" because that is all it works with, and all
    it was intended to work with. Many people misunderstand the name and
    assume that the "system restore" applies to the entire computer system
    including user data files and installed applications.

    Ron Martell, Jul 16, 2007
  17. ronald

    > John Holmes <> wrote:

    Oh, John Holmes has posted in the thread. It must have given some kind of
    answer that may have been correct, maybe.

    I had to killfile old John here, as I got tired of looking at him, and he
    had to hit the trash pile with the rest of the dirt in the NG.

    So, no wonder I got Internet Police *Hag* slobbering about mouth with its
    ticket book out on a troll pull over. :)
    Mr. Arnold, Jul 16, 2007
  18. ronald

    pcbutts1 Guest

    That happened to me so I just turned off SR for that drive only.

    pcbutts1, Jul 17, 2007