Dual boot Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Cael, May 7, 2010.

  1. Cael

    Cael Guest

    My computer is dual boot OS Widows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Windows Vista
    Ultimate 32 bit. Last month I had problems on start up, it failed to the
    load BIOS after multiple pushed on the start on button then it started
    normally and once it had started then it worked smoothly without any
    problems I was able to reboot so many times. To fix the problem I replaced
    the motherboard battery then I heard two short beep sound then failed to
    start. Then somehow it has gone then it beeps only once and loading Express
    Gate and then the OS dual boot. I do not have problems on startup Vista
    Ultimate but the Windows 7 fails to startup. Then it reboots and get the
    message of Windows Startup Repair the startup repair fix the problem
    temporarily. When I use the computer next day it has the same problems. It
    was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful windows then
    it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot read
    anything else and then reboot again. I get the message of windows startup
    repair again. I disconnected the Antec Varis but the problems remains as
    usual. However when it started once then it works smoothly, many hours but
    the same problem I have the next day when I started the computer.

    Computer Specification:

    OS Windows Vista Ultimate 32 bit and Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
    CPU: Intel Core2 Quad 6600 2.40GHz
    RAM: 6GB Corsair DDR3 (memtest86 + passed)
    HDD: 1. 1TB, 2. 1TB and 700GB
    Graphic Card: ATI Raedeon 4870 RAM DDR5 1GB
    PSU: Corsair HX850W (new)
    Other USB device: Antec Veris Multimedia Station Premium.

    I assembled this computer about 2 years ago. In the process to fix this
    problem I disconnected all the components and reassembled again but the
    problems is not solved. The HDD 700GB is new and I installed the Windows 7
    and without any other HDD and without dual boot I tried to fix the problem
    but failed.

    Cael, May 7, 2010

  2. Cael

    Carlos Guest

    Cael,
    The very moment you replaced the motherboard's battery you lost all your
    BIOS customised settings, like hour, boot priority, SATA connection type (IDE
    or AHCI), etc.
    That might be affecting Windows 7 though I am more inclined to think that
    you have a hardware failure.
    Before taking any action, can you confirm that Windows Vista works
    flawlessly along time with no errors?
    Carlos

    Carlos, May 7, 2010

  3. Cael

    Dennis Pack Guest

    Cael:
    I agree with Carlos about a probable hardware failure. With the 32-bit
    operating system functioning normally and the problems only effecting the
    64-bit operating system an easily overlooked item is the ram. A 64-bit
    operating system addresses ram differently than a 32-bit operating system.
    Even though the ram passed memtest 86 testing, remove one stick of ram at a
    time and verify that the last ram slot is empty for testing. Have a great
    day.
    --
    Dennis Pack
    Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64.

    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5095 (20100507) __________

    http://www.eset.com

    Dennis Pack, May 7, 2010
  4. Cael

    Cael Guest

    Of course probably it would be hardwire failure, so I have been trying to
    find out. I did the BIOS resetting after I changed the MB battery, now the
    problem is the Windows 7 loading. I reseating the graphic card, and the RAM
    now it is working but I am not sure about tomorrow. The continuous use is
    not a problem even 2/3 hours shutdown and start again has no problem. I hope
    some components are probably lose connection but I cannot find out all very
    well except the SATA cables and internal USB connection, these SATA cables
    are not very tight and it has no latch too. So if it is lose why I am able
    to use Windows Vista, just I am wondering.

    Cael, May 7, 2010
  5. Cael

    Cael Guest

    Dennis Pack,

    I did one stick at a time and found no errors. Today I launched the Startup
    Repair, before this I got blue screen crash too. The crash was not fast just
    like before so I was able to read the message " A problem has been
    detected..... Bad_Pool_Header.......Technical information:
    ***STOP:0x00000019"

    Furthermore, the Startup Repair details:

    Diagnosis and repair details:
    ------------------------------
    Name: Check for update
    Result: Completed successfully
    Error Code = 0x0

    System disk test
    Disk failure diagnosis
    Disk Metadata test
    Target OS test
    Volume content check
    Boot manager diagnosis
    System boot log diagnosis
    Event log diagnosis
    Internal state check
    Boot test
    Setup state check

    Root cause found: Unspecified changes to system configuration might have
    caused the problem.
    Repair action: System Restore
    Result: Completed successfully
    Error code =0x0
    Time take = 38242 ms.

    All of above these test and diagnosis got Error code =0x0 only the different
    results were the "Time taken"

    To fix this problem I have bought a new hard disk and installed the OS
    Windows 7 without any other hard disk and peripheral such as Antec Veris
    Multimedia Station Premium but having the same problem. Once it started
    everything fine only the problem is about 7 hours shut down then it starts
    the same process of the problem.

    I scanned the computer with AVG free version anti virus software but found
    nothing. Last month I got one "torjan horse" I deleted the file.

    According to the Core Temp the CPU temperature are under 30c most of the
    time Core 0 is 26/27c Core 1, 2, 3 are almost same as 24/25c, the CPU cooler
    is Corsair H50.

    Thank you for the response.

    Regards,
    Cael

    Cael, May 8, 2010
  6. Cael

    Cael Guest

    Furthermore information,

    Trouble shooting report:

    Hardware and Devices
    Issues found
    Hardware changes might not have been detected ------Detected
    Scan for hardware changes ---- Completed

    Potential issues that were checked

    Windows Update configured to never install drivers --------- Issue not
    present

    Issues found Detection details

    Hardware changes might not have been detected ----------- Detected
    Scan for recent hardware changes ----- Completed

    Scanning might find new devices attached to your computer and install them.

    Potential issues that were checked ----- Detection details

    Cael, May 8, 2010
  7. Unfortunately you have an error code, STOP: 0x00000019, for which there
    is no easy answer. An internet search returns over 10,000 hits with
    most of them being different. But it seems to indicate it's most likely
    a driver or hardware fault; memory, hard drive, etc.

    Found @ http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

    0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER

    A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device
    driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse
    causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems
    with some routers.

    Bobby Johnson, May 8, 2010
  8. Cael

    TMA Guest

    > It was about to load the windows it shows a little bit of colorful
    > windows

    Could you explain that better? I've seen graphic card problems that would
    display colored blinking things all over the screen right before shutdown.

    > then it suddenly crash with blue color screen but it is very fast I cannot
    > read

    When that happens to me, I try to take a digital picture with my camera. Or
    you can even film it to read later.

    Did you scan your windows7 partition?
    Anyway, the fact you can restart the computer several times while it's still
    hot suggests a hardware problem when you boot up cold.
    If I were you, I would first backup the whole windows 7 partition (you can
    do that from vista), then I would fresh install windows 7 and wait a few
    days. If that is a corrupted file problem, it should correct the problem. If
    it's not solved, you should consider replacing your MB. In this case, you
    can try to buy the exact same model and just restore your backup copy of
    windows 7.
    I don't understand why the battery replacement changed the behavior. I
    always thought it was just for keeping the clock updated and to preserve
    BIOS settings. Nothing to do with power button.

    TMA, May 8, 2010
  9. Cael

    Cael Guest

    I did scan the windows 7 partition. There is no color blinking.

    Motherbaoard battery changed was one of the options I tried to fix this
    problem. I got the positive result about it. Before change the motherboard
    battery it was no post and no loading the Express Gate now the Express Gate
    is loading and no problems to enter the BIOS.

    In fact the the Default OS was Windows Vista I have changed to Windows 7,
    now I changed it to the original Default OS the Windows Vista, I will know
    the result tomorrow.

    Every time when I got the Launch Startup Repair and Normal Startup, if I
    did the Startup Repair then it fix the problem temporarily. It does system
    restore and I have to lose any new setup or installed software.

    Cael, May 9, 2010
  10. Cael

    Cael Guest

    Today I started the Default OS Vista Ultimate 32 bit and used it for a while
    than I restarted and selected the Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit now it started
    without any issue.

    Vista is the first OS I have installed after the Windows 7 officially
    released then I installed it. I was getting familiar with it and then I
    changed it to Default OS.

    Yesterday I googled to get some information regarding to the problems I
    mentioned before and I found that Cold Boot problems of Windows 7 but I
    cannot find any solution of this issue.

    If I have further problems I'd write again.

    Cael, May 10, 2010