Dual Boot WIN 7 & XP

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Mar 18, 2010.

  1. Well I have a Dual boot XP and WIN 7 RC1, so decided to update the RC1 to
    Final, but you do need to patch the final to upgrade it..

    http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/3075/how-to-upgrade-the-windows-7-rc-to-rtm/

    There is also a Problem with running a Dual Boot XP/W7 as XP can kill the
    backup restore files in WIN 7..

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926185

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q301224

    There is no mention of updating WIN 7 RC to Final in a Dual boot case, but it
    worked 100%

    The Problem that gets loads of hit on the Web is Windows Explorer & Explorer
    and other things stop responding, I am having the same problem..

    Plus not much help in fixing it..

    Even with computers with WIN 7 built in.

    Shell Tool for BCDEDIT.exe setting up the Multi Boot Menu

    http://neosmart.net/dl.php?id=1

    Warning: Boot.ini is used on Windows XP and earlier operating systems.
    ;Warning: Use BCDEDIT.exe to modify Windows Vista boot options.

    Frank Williams, Mar 18, 2010