    Also, unrelated quick question. Does upgrading a cpu and/or mb effect your
    software licenses?

    Thanks

    steveonan, Jul 26, 2008

  2. steveonan

    steveonan Guest

    Me again. Just realized my server2008 software is x86. Also, I can install
    either standard, enterprise, or database. Was planning on standard, but all
    are x86

    steveonan, Jul 26, 2008

  3. You can install it, yes, and it will set up dual booting. Just make sure you
    install it to a different partition/hard drive.

    Upgrading a CPU or mobo will likely cause an activation event, but doesn't
    change your license rights, IF you have a retail copy. OEM copies are tied
    to the original hardware, and changing the mobo could cause problems.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 26, 2008
  4. steveonan

    steveonan Guest

    I assembled the PC myself, but I did install Vista OEM software, so I guess I
    may would have to get a fresh copy. Thanks

    steveonan, Jul 26, 2008