    j smith Guest

    How do I setup a dual boot system on Award bios with w2k on one HD and
    linux on the other hard drive? Thanks.

    j smith, Apr 21, 2004

  2. j smith

    VWWall Guest

    j smith wrote:

    > How do I setup a dual boot system on Award bios with w2k on one HD and
    > linux on the other hard drive? Thanks.

    Most Linux distros will install LILO or GRUB which will allow dual boot.
    Another way, which I am using now, uses LOADLIN. Do a search for any
    of these--there is a lot of data available.

    Virg Wall
    --

    It is vain to do with more
    what can be done with fewer.

    VWWall, Apr 21, 2004

  3. j smith

    JD Guest

    "VWWall" <> wrote in message
    > j smith wrote:
    >
    > > How do I setup a dual boot system on Award bios with w2k on one HD and
    > > linux on the other hard drive? Thanks.

    > Most Linux distros will install LILO or GRUB which will allow dual boot.
    > Another way, which I am using now, uses LOADLIN. Do a search for any
    > of these--there is a lot of data available.
    >
    > Virg Wall
    > --
    >
    > It is vain to do with more
    > what can be done with fewer.
    > William of Occam.

    Or you could just simply alter which hard drive boots first in your
    motherboard settings ... although you do have to go into your bios every
    time you want to change OS's

    JD, Apr 21, 2004