Dual Boot question

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Gordon, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    news:f43q77$rfg$...
    >I have a Dual Boot setup of WinXP professional on my machine

    Why?
    Gordon, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Gordon

    meerkat Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > "don" <> wrote in message
    >>I have a Dual Boot setup of WinXP professional on my machine

    > Why?

    `cos he wanted to fill the HD up <g>.
    meerkat, Jun 5, 2007

  3. Gordon

    don Guest

    I have a Dual Boot setup of WinXP professional on my machine and I ran into
    a problem with windows media player and Dell Musicmatch with regard to the
    license file was corrupted and none of my downloaded files were playing. So
    I switched to the other WinXP and the same error occurred. I thought I had
    two seperate versions of WinXP on my computer but apparently not. Please
    explain?
    don, Jun 5, 2007
  4. On 6 5 , 10 59 , "don" <> wrote:
    > I have a Dual Boot setup of WinXP professional on my machine and I ran into
    > a problem with windows media player and Dell Musicmatch with regard to the
    > license file was corrupted and none of my downloaded files were playing. So
    > I switched to the other WinXP and the same error occurred. I thought I had
    > two seperate versions of WinXP on my computer but apparently not. Please
    > explain?

    Should be your system files wrong
    http://sunnyrainse.blogspot.com/, Jun 5, 2007
  5. Gordon

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "don" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Dual Boot setup of WinXP professional on my machine and I ran
    >into
    > a problem with windows media player and Dell Musicmatch with regard to
    > the
    > license file was corrupted and none of my downloaded files were playing.
    > So
    > I switched to the other WinXP and the same error occurred. I thought I
    > had
    > two seperate versions of WinXP on my computer but apparently not. Please
    > explain?

    Dual boot with two drives? Two partitions? Two installations of XP Pro on
    one partition? Fill in the details here.

    Either way, you probably have only one copy of the data files, right? I
    mean, why duplicate everything? So if the data files in one install are bad,
    they are likely to be bad in the other, dontcha think?
    WhzzKdd, Jun 5, 2007