    if no, then I guess I've got to buy XP (32 bit) and dual boot with XP64
    Comments please,
    Larry Horrall

    =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgSG9ycmFsbA==?=, Sep 28, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?TGFycnkgSG9ycmFsbA==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    ME runs fine, you can dual boot. You must have an old ATI card as I
    understand they support most newer cards on x64. You can probably find an
    alternate driver for the Lexmark printer but at it's age, no guarantee. I
    would try one of the old Z series as they have the same setup.

    John Barnes, Sep 28, 2005

  3. Yes, My Asus K8V-X is setup to dual boot ME and XP 64. I have a ATI Radeon
    9250 video card installed also, with correct video drivers for both op
    systems. They are available from the ATI website. I thought the A8N-E
    motherboard had drivers for both Op. systems available from Asus. I have
    two eide hard drives in this machne, ME is installed on C (first), and XP 64
    on D Drive (2nd). I find I stay in XP 64 the most though, and rarely do
    anything in ME. My microtek scanner and Epson photoprinter both have 64 bit
    drivers, But I had to get these drivers from their appropiate websites, they
    did not come with the correct drivers. Planer AMD was most helpful in
    researching the correct printer and scanner to get. The only snag I had was
    the USB wireless NIC I have is not supported by XP64, my workaround was to
    use the NIC on the motherboard which is, ethernet cabled to my wireless
    router, and the other PCs in my network have the USB wireless NICs (and do
    not use XP64). Printers for my network on physically connected and shared
    through the network, so printer driver issues have not cropped up for me..

    Victor L. Marshall, Sep 28, 2005