dual boot install on XP-64

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?YmlrZXJhc2g=?=, Aug 13, 2005.

  1. i have been following this discussion with interest. i recently purchased a
    dell 380 and got myself a 64 bit arch . now i am in fix since i cannot run
    any of my old programs which will only run on windows 2000 server or NT

    so i have a 64 bit arch machine with 64 bit XP professional installed.

    2 sata 160 gb hard drives

    c: drive is formatted and installed with xp 64
    d: drive is formatted but with no OP

    drive D is visible to me, it is formatted with NTFS

    now i am trying to install windows 2000 server on D, and set up machine for
    dual boot.

    1) copy ntldr and ntdetect.com from C:/I386 to a new folder on C:

    2) unplug C drive i.e. drive 0:

    3) startup with 2000 cd which i presume will start install on D:

    am i on the right track. what do i need to do next??
    where do i get to boot.ini

    thnx
    jef
    =?Utf-8?B?YmlrZXJhc2g=?=, Aug 13, 2005