    then the system goes to the dual-boot menu and allows dual booting.

    If there is no cd in the drive, I get the error saying unable to boot. Any
    ideas here? Thanks in advance.
    Mark Rozanski, Sep 15, 2005

  2. Mark Rozanski

    John Barnes Guest

    Your ntldr file is missing on boot-up.
    Make sure the 64-bit version of this file and the NTDETECT.COM files are on
    your %systemroot% drive. (whatever is next after the CD in your boot
    sequence, normally)
    Also I can't get mine to be recognized by the system if it is a SATA II
    drive.

    John Barnes, Sep 15, 2005

  3. Does the file have to be copied there then for the dual boot menu to appear?

    Mark Rozanski, Sep 15, 2005
  4. Mark Rozanski

    John Barnes Guest

    Yes.

    John Barnes, Sep 15, 2005
  5. So just rename the NTLDR and the NTDETECT.COM files on the 32-bit partition,
    then copy the 64-bit ones in place of the 32-bit ones, correct? Thanks for
    the help.

    Mark Rozanski, Sep 16, 2005
  6. Mark Rozanski

    John Barnes Guest

    If that is your system drive, yes, that is the proper setup. However, with
    the nForce4, some of us cannot get a SATA II drive to be recognised at all
    as a boot drive. If I want to use my SATA II drive at all, I have to boot
    from a SATA I drive. There are some suggestions below on solutions to the
    problem that work on some systems, but since at the moment I have
    disconnected my SATA II drive, I have not tried the last one or two. Good
    luck.

    John Barnes, Sep 16, 2005