    can be done; the question is how?

    Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.

    John (put CAT out to reply)

    JWL, Jan 1, 2004

  2. JWL

    Paul - xxx Guest

    JWL posted ...

    > I've just created a dual boot system, W98SE and XP-Pro, and switch
    > between them using BootMagic. However when switching into XP that
    > system's Boot Manager then springs into life and also asks which OS
    > I'd prefer. Googling nor RTFMing tells me how to disable XP's
    > dual-boot manager but I know how it can be done; the question is how?
    >
    > Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.
    >
    > John (put CAT out to reply)

    Right click 'My Computer' - properties - Advanced - 'Startup and Recovery' -
    Settings ...

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Jan 1, 2004

  3. JWL

    Trax Guest

    On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:06:43 GMT, "JWL"
    <> wrote:

    |> I've just created a dual boot system, W98SE and XP-Pro, and switch between
    |> them using BootMagic. However when switching into XP that system's Boot
    |> Manager then springs into life and also asks which OS I'd prefer. Googling
    |> nor RTFMing tells me how to disable XP's dual-boot manager but I know how it
    |> can be done; the question is how?
    |>
    |> Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.
    |>
    |> John (put CAT out to reply)

    You can edit the boot.ini to read timeout=0 with XP being your default OS
    (round about way)

    or:
    http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/pm4-boot.shtml
    says to reinstall BM.

    --
    ,,
    ( "> w Erotic: Using a goose feather.

    Trax, Jan 1, 2004
  4. JWL

    JWL Guest

    "Trax" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:06:43 GMT, "JWL"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > |> I've just created a dual boot system, W98SE and XP-Pro, and switch

    between
    > |> them using BootMagic. However when switching into XP that system's

    Boot
    > |> Manager then springs into life and also asks which OS I'd prefer.

    Googling
    > |> nor RTFMing tells me how to disable XP's dual-boot manager but I know

    how it
    > |> can be done; the question is how?
    > |>
    > |> Grateful for somebody to tell me where the elusive switch is.
    > |>
    > |> John (put CAT out to reply)
    > |>
    > You can edit the boot.ini to read timeout=0 with XP being your default OS
    > (round about way)
    >
    > or:
    > http://www.le.ac.uk/cc/dsss/docs/pm4-boot.shtml
    > says to reinstall BM.
    >
    > --
    > ,,
    > ( "> w Erotic: Using a goose feather.
    > ,(> )>| Kinky: Using the whole goose.
    > ( ^^ '

    Thanks both Paul and Trax

    I'm getting all sorts of weird things happening now, time to stop for the
    night and carry on tomorrow.

    Rgds

    John

    JWL, Jan 1, 2004