    64bit, since all the programs I use are on the 64bit.........

    Greetings,
    Henk

    =?Utf-8?B?SEo=?=, Feb 8, 2006

  2. Short of doing hard-core boot configuration surgery on that disk, which is
    much work, I would insert the CD and re-boot, after starting the
    installation, you should be presented with an option to repair your previous
    installation. This will not overwrite any personal data you may have on that
    partition.

    Question is - why did the machine hang, in the first place?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2006

  3. > Question is - why did the machine hang, in the first place?
    Don't have an idea at all.

    But I have the windows partitions on a SATA drive, and there's also a IDE
    drive in my computer. I dismounted the IDE drive and started the machine...
    and there was the dual boot screen again!
    Now I've mounted the IDE drive again, and it is still working! Problem
    solved, but how???????

    =?Utf-8?B?SEo=?=, Feb 8, 2006
  4. Well actually, my BIOS upon a Hard Reset falls back to it's default setting
    and then looses any changes I made. Can't say really what may have made it

    Does that IDE have a Boot Partition of it's own?

    Glad it works, though!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Feb 8, 2006