    partition? If so: what should be the selected file system for it (NTFS,
    NTFS32, etc) ?

    thanks
    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 11, 2005

  2. "G.Beck" <> wrote in message
    news:
    > I'm currently on XP Professional 32 bits with two primary partitions
    > (C and E). Can I use Partition Magic to create a new partition using
    > the space from E and then boot and install Windows XP Professional
    > x64 Edition in that new partition? If so: what should be the selected
    > file system for it (NTFS, NTFS32, etc) ?
    >
    > thanks

    Hi,

    for security reasons, I would say NTFS for all your partitions. If you still
    have partitions in FAT or FAT32, you may upgrade to NTFS without losing any
    data.
    If I understand you well, You'll create another partition in E. So your HD
    will be partitioned in 3. Not a problem by seeing the price of a new hard
    disk, you ma consider to buy one.
    Anyway, the multiboot will give you the possibility to start XP32 or x64.

    Cheers

    --
    Christian Hougardy [MS MVP XP]
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy [MVP], May 11, 2005

  3. I will always recommend NTFS, for a wide variety of reasons. And I would
    strongly suggest that the new partition be not less than 10GB, and
    preferrably more like 20GB.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, May 11, 2005
  4. All right then...Tonight's the night! I'll give it a shot.....

    If I'm not back tomorrow to add a new reply here....you know what happened!!!

    GB

    =?Utf-8?B?Ry5CZWNr?=, May 12, 2005