    XP Win32 with XP Win64, or some another combination like
    XP Win32 with Vista Win64
    on the same machine ? thanks, Carlos.
    xc, Sep 27, 2008

  2. xc

    Zootal Guest

    You can dual boot many operating systems with ease. I'm currently booting
    DOS6.2, WinXP64, WinXP32, and Linux. To answer your specific questions -
    Yes, provided each operating system has it's own partition, ie. put XP32 on
    the C drive and XP64 on the D drive.

    Zootal, Sep 27, 2008

  3. Yes. The key is to install them in the order they were released. So, for
    example, install XP 32-bit, and then install XP x64. Not the other way
    around. Also, always install onto a separate partition.

    For specific details on XP dual booting of 32-bit nad 64-bit, see:

    For more on dual and multiple boot scenarios with x64 Edition (or any
    others, actually), you might find the detailed blog I did on this of
    interest and use.

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/xperts64/archive/2005/11/21/76180.aspx

    HTH.
    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Sep 27, 2008
  4. xc

    troutman Guest

    I have had in the past a triple boot using XP Pro 32, XP Pro 64 and Vista
    Ultimate 64. I did this using Partition Magic and its Boot Magic component.
    Created three partitions and installed one OS on each. Partition Magic does
    not work with Vista but when you want to use another OS you can boot from
    the Partition Magic CD. Boot Magic from either of the XPs allows selection
    of any other OS including Vista.

    There would be several other methods to accomplish the same result without
    using PM.

    troutman, Sep 27, 2008
  5. Like it's been said - but do not forget that your hardware has to support
    the 64bits (AMD64 or EM64T), and that, contrary to some form of logic, not
    all Intel cpu's labeled as dual-cores do!

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Sep 27, 2008
  6. xc

    Jud Hendrix Guest