    Okay, since I apparently ask too specific of questions as to not be flamed.
    Here is another question. Price aside would I really get the benefit of
    having a DUAL CPU system with AMDs or a single high end Pentium?
    Nik Schlein, Nov 16, 2004

  2. Nik Schlein

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Nik Schlein" <> wrote in message
    news:dAbmd.100464$R05.30729@attbi_s53...
    | Okay, since I apparently ask too specific of questions as to not be
    flamed.
    | Here is another question. Price aside would I really get the benefit of
    | having a DUAL CPU system with AMDs or a single high end Pentium?

    That would depend on two things: what operating system, and what
    applications are you going to run. IIRC, most applications benefit nothing
    from a dual processor.
    Toolman Tim, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Nik Schlein wrote:
    > Okay, since I apparently ask too specific of questions as to not be flamed.
    > Here is another question. Price aside would I really get the benefit of
    > having a DUAL CPU system with AMDs or a single high end Pentium?

    There was a third possibility we'd never considered. How about a high
    end AMD single processor? Anyhow, if you go with multiple processors,
    you must use an operating system that can deal with them, such as XP Pro
    (not XP Home), Win2K, WinNT. Programs that benefit from multiple
    processors must be optimized for it, such as CAD, video editing, some
    databases, 3D programs, etc. In fact, software that isn't optimized for
    multiple processors will probably run just a tad *slower* on two
    processors than on one.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Nik Schlein

    Nik Schlein Guest

    Okay, well, what I am looking for is not the cheap way not the easy way. I
    am looking for the best way to set up my new computer. Its not about the
    money. I just want a very very fast computer. AMD Pentium its all irrelevant
    to me.

    Nik Schlein, Nov 16, 2004
  5. Nik Schlein

    mhicaoidh Guest

    Taking a moment's reflection, Nik Schlein mused:

    | Okay, since I apparently ask too specific of questions as to not be
    | flamed. Here is another question. Price aside would I really get the
    | benefit of having a DUAL CPU system with AMDs or a single high end
    | Pentium?

    Neither ... Single AMD 64 bit processor.
    mhicaoidh, Nov 16, 2004
  6. Nik Schlein wrote:
    > Okay, well, what I am looking for is not the cheap way not the easy way. I
    > am looking for the best way to set up my new computer. Its not about the
    > money. I just want a very very fast computer. AMD Pentium its all irrelevant
    > to me.

    http://makeashorterlink.com/?U22B34AC9
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13B21AC9

    Order two of each. Send me one set and I'll give you my honest evaluation.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 16, 2004
  7. Nik Schlein

    WormWood Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    | Nik Schlein wrote:
    | > Okay, well, what I am looking for is not the cheap way not the easy
    way. I
    | > am looking for the best way to set up my new computer. Its not about
    the
    | > money. I just want a very very fast computer. AMD Pentium its all
    irrelevant
    | > to me.
    |
    | http://makeashorterlink.com/?U22B34AC9
    | http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13B21AC9
    |
    | Order two of each. Send me one set and I'll give you my honest
    evaluation.

    Are those the ones that have to be packed in dry ice?
    WormWood, Nov 16, 2004
  8. WormWood wrote:
    > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > | Nik Schlein wrote:
    > | > Okay, well, what I am looking for is not the cheap way not the easy
    > way. I
    > | > am looking for the best way to set up my new computer. Its not about
    > the
    > | > money. I just want a very very fast computer. AMD Pentium its all
    > irrelevant
    > | > to me.
    > |
    > | http://makeashorterlink.com/?U22B34AC9
    > | http://makeashorterlink.com/?T13B21AC9
    > |
    > | Order two of each. Send me one set and I'll give you my honest
    > evaluation.
    >
    > Are those the ones that have to be packed in dry ice?

    Not if you live in Vostok.

    --
    Otherwise, trout may have the only viable environment.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Nov 16, 2004
  9. Nik Schlein

    Avenger© Guest

    On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 00:10:49 GMT, "Nik Schlein"
    <> wrote:

    >Okay, since I apparently ask too specific of questions as to not be flamed.
    >Here is another question. Price aside would I really get the benefit of
    >having a DUAL CPU system with AMDs or a single high end Pentium?

    AMD64 FX-53 processor and Abit VIA K8T800 Pro motherboard, Radeon
    X800XT video card, 1 Gig Corsair PC 4000 low latency memory, two
    Raptor 74 gig hard drives in Raid 0. Ahhhh, need I say more?
    --
    Avenger©
    *I DETEST Spam - A Spam Hater since 1951*
    Avenger©, Nov 16, 2004