dts titanic dvd

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DeslarDesslok, Jun 22, 2004.

  1. Any word on a dts dvd of James Cameron's Titanic?
    DeslarDesslok, Jun 22, 2004

  2. DeslarDesslok

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "DeslarDesslok" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Any word on a dts dvd of James Cameron's Titanic?

    No word.
    Joshua Zyber, Jun 22, 2004

  3. In article <W0NBc.21998$>,
    Joshua Zyber <> wrote:

    > "DeslarDesslok" <> wrote in message
    > > Any word on a dts dvd of James Cameron's Titanic?

    > No word.

    Isn't there supposed to be a Special Edition on its way?

    --
    "No urban night is like the night [in NYC]...here is our poetry, for we have
    pulled down the stars to our will."
    Keeper of the Purple Twilight, Jun 22, 2004
  4. DeslarDesslok

    Joshua Zyber Guest

    "Keeper of the Purple Twilight" <> wrote in message
    > > > Any word on a dts dvd of James Cameron's Titanic?

    > > No word.

    > Isn't there supposed to be a Special Edition on its way?

    Rumored for years. No confirmation.
    Joshua Zyber, Jun 22, 2004
  5. DeslarDesslok

    Rutgar Guest

    On 22 Jun 2004 02:14:09 GMT, (DeslarDesslok)
    wrote:

    >Any word on a dts dvd of James Cameron's Titanic?

    **** DTS. What about just an anamorphic transfer?

    - Rutgar
    Rutgar, Jun 23, 2004
  6. I guess while not technically "confirmation" since Paramount hasn't
    officially announced them, The Digital Bits did report this in their Rumor
    Mill a little while ago:

    "You'll also be happy to know that we've confirmed with Paramount that
    special editions of The Untouchables, Top Gun, South Park: Bigger, Longer
    and Uncut and Titanic are on the studio's DVD production slate.....Don't
    expect Titanic before the end of 2004 at the earliest however. And yes,
    these will all feature anamorphic widescreen transfers."

    See: http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormillarc20.html

    Rob McCartney, Jun 29, 2004