    family cat takes notice of the sound from the DVD.
    Maybe DTS produces a sound that is more clear to a cats hearing.

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Jul 15, 2004

  2. Brian

    Morgan Guest

    "Brian" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I notice that everytime I play a DVD that has DTS sound that the
    > family cat takes notice of the sound from the DVD.
    > Maybe DTS produces a sound that is more clear to a cats hearing.
    >
    > Regards Brian

    I've notice that too! My cats freak out during some DTS movies,
    particularly LOTR: The Fellowship of the Ring--just after Isildur defeats
    Sauron, the mosquito in Kill Bill, and other sound effects like door creaks,
    car backfires, gunshots, and if someone starts talking after a period of
    silence... But when I have it on Dolby 5.1, they don't seem to notice much.

    Morgan
    Morgan, Jul 15, 2004

  3. "Brian" <> wrote in message

    >I notice that everytime I play a DVD that has DTS
    > sound that the family cat takes notice of the
    > sound from the DVD. Maybe DTS produces a
    > sound that is more clear to a cats hearing.

    >Regards Brian

    OMG, your cat too? Yes, my cat (who passed away years ago) would jump
    and run out of the room everytime I played a laserdisc encoded in DTS
    sound, yet would sleep during any film that was playing in Dolby
    Digital. I would assume that DTS is clearly more louder and defined than
    Dolby Digital, especially to a cat's hearing.
    Maverick Dude, Jul 15, 2004
  4. Brian

    Guest

    Maverick Dude <> wrote:
    }
    } OMG, your cat too? Yes, my cat (who passed away years ago) would jump
    } and run out of the room everytime I played a laserdisc encoded in DTS
    } sound, yet would sleep during any film that was playing in Dolby
    } Digital. I would assume that DTS is clearly more louder and defined than
    } Dolby Digital, especially to a cat's hearing.

    My cat doesn't like DTS or Dolby Digital 5.1, her ears go
    around and she exits the room immediately when I play a DVD
    with either one, but Dolby Pro Logic is just fine with her.

    --

    Frank Ball
    , Jul 15, 2004
  5. Brian

    Bernie Guest

    My cat must be insane..No matter what the audio track is....DTS , Dolby 5.1
    or Prologic...He just loves to lay right next to my bass subwoofer..It
    doesnt affect him at all

    Bernie, Jul 15, 2004
  6. Brian

    Bill Coleman Guest

    Maybe he's just deaf.

    Bill Coleman

    Bill Coleman, Jul 15, 2004
  7. What's it's reaction to Pro Logic 2??

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Jul 19, 2004