    sip info

    Please, a good link just for learn about VOIP
    Thank you
    xer, May 20, 2005

  2. xer

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Rick Merrill, May 20, 2005

  3. xer

    xer Guest

    xer, May 20, 2005
  4. xer

    Miguel Cruz Guest

    xer <> wrote:
    > "Rick Merrill" wrote:
    >>> Please, a good link just for learn about DTMF VOIP
    >>> Thank you

    >> http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/Dual_Tone_Multi_Frequency.html

    > Doesn't talk about inbound-outbound and others parameters...

    I think it would be easier to help you if you provided more information
    about what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to set up a certain
    piece of equiment? If so, what kind?

    miguel
    Miguel Cruz, May 20, 2005
  5. xer

    Garry W Guest

    "xer" <> wrote:
    >DTMF:
    >inbound
    >outbound
    >payload type
    >sip info

    Typing "DTMF inbound outbound payload type sip info" into Google gets a bunch
    of hits (of course). One of the ones midway down is
    www.rhyshaden.com/voice.htm.

    Hope this helps.

    Garry
    Garry W, May 21, 2005
  6. xer

    xer Guest

    "Miguel Cruz" wrote:
    > I think it would be easier to help you if you provided more information
    > about what you are trying to achieve. Are you trying to set up a certain
    > piece of equiment? If so, what kind?

    Hi Miguel

    I have two draytek VigorTalk.
    They works also on a peer to peer instance, but i need to know and learn
    more about DTMF paraeters, no manuals on the website about it.
    That's all.
    Thanx in advance.
    xer, May 23, 2005
  7. xer

    Greg Guest

    Usually, these parameters refer to how you'd like to pass DTMF digits
    to the other end of your call. H323 or SIP signaling will negotiate
    your choices with the other end to help establish call parameters. The
    choices can be set up for what you want to send (outbound) and what you
    want to receive (inbound). Choices are generally:

    1) In band digits: digits are passed along with the rest of your voice,
    using the same VoIP codec as your voice (G.711, G.729, etc.)

    2) Out of band digits using special IP pakets that are sent along with
    the voice path. These packets use RFC 2833 format, these packets must
    have a "payload type" that matches what the other end is listening for.
    Cisco often defaults to 101 for this payload type, which uses your
    definition to negotiate (again via H323 or SIP) with the other end
    during call establishment. These digits are pulled out of the voice
    stream and sent only in the RFC 2833 packets.

    3) Out of band digits sent via the signaling layer (UII packets).
    These have no payload type defined. The digit is removed from the
    voice path and signaling messages are sent to tell the other end about
    the digits.

    In 2 & 3, when the other end receives these special packets that
    represent digit value & duration, it will regenerate the proper tone
    and duration back to the voice path.

    The purpose of this is to guarantee a valid tone detection at the
    distant end of the call, since some voice codecs may not be able to do
    that properly (other then G.711 it's a gamble).

    Hope this helps,

    Greg in MA

    Greg, May 26, 2005
  8. xer

    xer Guest

    "Greg" wrote:
    > Hope this helps,
    >
    > Greg in MA

    Greg....
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    Really, clear and comprensive, thanx a lot friend.
    :)
    xer, May 26, 2005
  9. xer

    Greg Guest

    xer wrote:
    > "Greg" wrote:
    > > Hope this helps,
    > >
    > > Greg in MA
    > >

    > Greg....
    > THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
    > Really, clear and comprensive, thanx a lot friend.
    > :)

    You're welcome!!
    Greg, May 27, 2005