    enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i already have telnet access...) ?

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin Maurer, Feb 26, 2006

  2. Martin Maurer

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:53:38 -0000, Martin Maurer <>
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones) via Fritz!Box 7050
    > and
    > Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the tones.
    >
    > Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ? Can i change /
    > enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i already have telnet access...) ?

    Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
    full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Feb 26, 2006

  3. Martin Maurer

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:53:38 -0000, Martin Maurer
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > >
    > > i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones)
    > > via Fritz!Box 7050 and
    > > Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the
    > > tones. Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ?
    > > Can i change / enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i
    > > already have telnet access...) ?

    > Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to
    > 'SIPinfo'. For a full explanation see Alex's earlier
    > post.

    Unfortunately, this is not a settable parameter on the Fritz!Box range.
    I'm surprised, but there it is. I confess have no problems with sending
    DTMF on my unit (the non wireless version) anyway, not that that's much
    help ;-)

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 26, 2006
  4. Hello,

    > Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
    > full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

    Can you point me to the earlier post ? What was the subject ? At what date /
    time ?
    I searched all my news and also via google, but haven't found any info,
    which is related to Fritz!Box 7050...

    And even in my menues of FBF 7050, there is no menu item "SIPinfo"...

    Regards,

    Martin

    Martin Maurer, Feb 26, 2006
  5. Ivor Jones wrote:
    > "Alan Foster" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 10:53:38 -0000, Martin Maurer
    >><> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>i already tried a few times to use DTMF (touch tones)
    >>>via Fritz!Box 7050 and
    >>>Sipdiscount. But remote side seems to not recognize the
    >>>tones. Is this a general problem on VoIP, or a local problem ?
    >>>Can i change / enable codecs on the Fritz!Box 7050 (i
    >>>already have telnet access...) ?

    >>Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to
    >>'SIPinfo'. For a full explanation see Alex's earlier
    >>post.

    > Unfortunately, this is not a settable parameter on the Fritz!Box range.
    > I'm surprised, but there it is. I confess have no problems with sending
    > DTMF on my unit (the non wireless version) anyway, not that that's much
    > help ;-)
    >
    > Ivor

    Is there an rfc82xx (or something like that) setting?
    This is required for some codecs.

    Thomas Kenyon, Feb 26, 2006
  6. Martin Maurer

    Arne Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Ivor Jones wrote:

    > Unfortunately, this is not a settable parameter on the Fritz!Box range.

    It's settable, by editing /var/flash/voip.cfg.

    > I confess have no problems with sending DTMF on my unit (the non
    > wireless version) anyway, not that that's much help ;-)

    You have no problems because it's on by default:

    [voip.cfg]
    infodtmfnotsupported = no;

    [log]
    voipd[641]: dtmf_reveived(appl=4 plci=0xe05 ncci=0x10e05 incoming): 1 "1"
    voipd[641]: >>>udp Request: INFO sip:0031@194.120.0.200:5060
    voipd[641]: <<<udp Status: 405 Method not allowed

    Arne

    Arne, Feb 27, 2006
  7. Martin Maurer

    Guest

    Martin,

    The 7050 does generate DTMF. The only reason it would not work is if
    the Sip provider did not support it.

    regards,

    charles
    www.advancedts.com

    , Feb 28, 2006
  8. Martin Maurer

    Alan Foster Guest

    On Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:00:17 -0000, Martin Maurer <>
    wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    >> Subject(s) just covered... Set DTMF in your config to 'SIPinfo'. For a
    >> full explanation see Alex's earlier post.

    > Can you point me to the earlier post ? What was the subject ? At what
    > date /
    > time ?
    > I searched all my news and also via google, but haven't found any info,
    > which is related to Fritz!Box 7050...
    >
    > And even in my menues of FBF 7050, there is no menu item "SIPinfo"...
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Martin

    Not surprised you couldn't find it... the post (last Sunday) was actually
    'How can I stop the echo' and it sort of bubbled over on to dtmf tones!
    Hope that helps.

    Alan.

    Alan Foster, Feb 28, 2006