    site with a Jave DTMF generator on but I'd prefer something I could
    download.
    Thanks in advance.

    Phil, Sep 23, 2005

  2. Phil

    Nick Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    news:dgvfbu$mvl$2surf.net...
    > Not strictly VOIP but thought you guys would probably be in the know. I

    am

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dtmf pc generator&btnG=Search&meta

    Nick, Sep 23, 2005

  3. Phil

    Phil Guest

    Phil, Sep 23, 2005
  4. Phil

    Mark Adamson Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message

    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >> http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dtmf pc generator&btnG=Search&meta
    >>

    > Already tried that there are many websites telling me how to build one but
    > I just want to download a program that will generate the relevant DTMF
    > tone when I click on a number.

    Using a normal modem, and the windows phone dialer software you could do it
    I reckon. You might need to wire the speaker socket from the modem into the
    line in on your sound card or something like that.

    Otherwise, you could be naughty, and decompile the Java applet (simple
    enough) and make a standalone program with that. Or just download the applet
    and put it in a local webpage.

    Sorry, I haven't got time right at the minute to give you more details on
    either of these options, I would need to play around myself to see if they
    worked at all.

    Mark

    Mark Adamson, Sep 23, 2005
  5. Phil

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > "Nick" <> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=dtmf pc generator&btnG=Search&meta
    > >

    > Already tried that there are many websites telling me how
    > to build one but I just want to download a program that
    > will generate the relevant DTMF tone when I click on a
    > number.

    I would think most or all of the softphones like X-Lite will do this,
    certainly Skype ouputs the tones to the speakers when you dial from it.

    What application do you want it for, out of interest..?

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 23, 2005
  6. Phil

    Steve Loft Guest

    http://www.silverstones.com/DTMFDial.html

    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Sep 23, 2005
  7. Phil

    Nick Guest

    "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    > Phil wrote:
    > > Not strictly VOIP but thought you guys would probably be in the know. I

    am
    > > looking to download something that will generate DTMF tones on my

    computer
    > > so they can be outputted through my PC's speakers. I have already found

    > > site with a Jave DTMF generator on but I'd prefer something I could
    > > download.

    > http://www.silverstones.com/DTMFDial.html
    >
    > --
    > Steve Loft

    The original poster will probably say "Already tried that etc".

    You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

    Nick, Sep 23, 2005
  8. Phil

    Graham Guest

    "Phil" <> wrote in message
    > Not strictly VOIP but thought you guys would probably be in the know. I

    am
    > looking to download something that will generate DTMF tones on my computer
    > so they can be outputted through my PC's speakers. I have already found a
    > site with a Jave DTMF generator on but I'd prefer something I could
    > download.
    > Thanks in advance.

    I use Syntrillium Cool Edit to generate DTMF strings.
    I think its been re-branded as Adobe Audition now.

    --
    Graham.

    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Sep 23, 2005
  9. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    > Phil wrote:
    >> Not strictly VOIP but thought you guys would probably be in the know. I
    >> am
    >> looking to download something that will generate DTMF tones on my
    >> computer
    >> so they can be outputted through my PC's speakers. I have already found a
    >> site with a Jave DTMF generator on but I'd prefer something I could
    >> download.

    > http://www.silverstones.com/DTMFDial.html
    >
    > --
    > Steve Loft

    Thanks for that Steve. I will have a look at that. Much appreciated.

    Phil, Sep 24, 2005
  10. Phil

    Carl Waring Guest

    Phil wrote:
    > "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    >> Phil wrote:
    >>> Not strictly VOIP but thought you guys would probably be in the
    >>> know. I am
    >>> looking to download something that will generate DTMF tones on my
    >>> computer
    >>> so they can be outputted through my PC's speakers. I have already
    >>> found a site with a Jave DTMF generator on but I'd prefer something
    >>> I could download.

    >> http://www.silverstones.com/DTMFDial.html
    >>
    >> --
    >> Steve Loft

    > Thanks for that Steve. I will have a look at that. Much appreciated.

    I don't think he'll want to spend *that* much just to generate DTMF :)

    --
    Carl Waring
    http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

    Carl Waring, Sep 24, 2005
  11. Phil

    Steve Loft Guest

    Carl Waring wrote:
    > Phil wrote:
    >
    >>"Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    >>>http://www.silverstones.com/DTMFDial.html

    >>Thanks for that Steve. I will have a look at that. Much appreciated.

    > I don't think he'll want to spend *that* much just to generate DTMF :)

    Huh? It's free. Have I missed something?
    --
    Steve Loft

    Steve Loft, Sep 24, 2005
  12. Phil

    Phil Guest

    "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message

    > Huh? It's free. Have I missed something?
    > --
    > Steve Loft

    Yes it's free. Just what I wanted, again many thanks.

    Phil, Sep 24, 2005
  13. Phil

    Carl Waring Guest

    Steve Loft wrote:
    > Carl Waring wrote:
    >> Phil wrote:
    >>
    >>> "Steve Loft" <> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> Thanks for that Steve. I will have a look at that. Much appreciated.

    >> I don't think he'll want to spend *that* much just to generate DTMF
    >> :)

    > Huh? It's free. Have I missed something?

    My apologies ! I replied to the wrong post :-(

    I was referring to Cool Edit (now Adobe Audition) which, iirc, is over £500!

    Carl Waring, Sep 25, 2005