    III, AX, N) film camera set.
    Thanks very much for your attention,
    Francesco

    Naima, May 15, 2004

  2. Naima wrote:

    > Hi friends,
    > can anybody suggest me a prosumer or pro dsrl body capable to shoot
    > with a TTL ring flash with no lens on?
    > It is for my photomicroscope job, just to substitute mi Contax (rts
    > III, AX, N) film camera set.
    > Thanks very much for your attention,
    > Francesco

    All of the Canon DSLRs (from the Digital Rebel through the 1Ds) will
    allow E-TTL metering with the MR14-EX and MT-24EX flashes with any lens
    attached (or no lens at all).

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, May 17, 2004

  3. Naima

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >> can anybody suggest me a prosumer or pro dsrl body capable to shoot
    >> with a TTL ring flash with no lens on?
    >> It is for my photomicroscope job

    >From: Dave Herzstein
    >
    >All of the Canon DSLRs (from the Digital Rebel through the 1Ds) will
    >allow E-TTL metering with the MR14-EX and MT-24EX flashes with any lens
    >attached (or no lens at all).

    I have the MR14-EX and several bodies, including the 10D and 1Ds and I'm pretty
    sure you can't shoot without a lens.

    Even if you can get the flash to fire you'll still need the EF mount contacts
    to control E-TTL.

    Bill

    Bill Hilton, May 17, 2004
  4. Bill Hilton wrote:

    > >From: Dave Herzstein
    > >
    > >All of the Canon DSLRs (from the Digital Rebel through the 1Ds) will
    > >allow E-TTL metering with the MR14-EX and MT-24EX flashes with any lens
    > >attached (or no lens at all).

    > I have the MR14-EX and several bodies, including the 10D and 1Ds and I'm pretty
    > sure you can't shoot without a lens.
    >
    > Even if you can get the flash to fire you'll still need the EF mount contacts
    > to control E-TTL.
    >
    > Bill

    E-TTL is a function of the flash and body only (in camera manual
    exposure mode). My 10D and MR-14EX work well together without a lens
    mounted - I get uniformly exposed frames whether the flash is directly
    or indirectly illuminating the subject (without a lens its just a blur
    :).

    -Dave

    Dave Herzstein, May 18, 2004