DSO Exploit terror!!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by EricP, Aug 5, 2004.

  1. EricP

    EricP Guest

    On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 18:10:37 GMT, "Mags" <>
    wrote:

    >"r_mervart" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Mags" <> wrote in message
    >> > Can someone PLEASE tell me what this and why I can't seem to wipe it
    >> > from my computer?
    >> >
    >> > I'm running spybot s&d and whenever I select fix selected problems it

    >will
    >> > NOT wipe this for unknown reason.
    >> >
    >> > Please help?
    >> >

    >> It is a known bug in spybot software. They know about it, just ignore it.
    >>
    >> Roman

    >Oh, thank you.
    >I like to think I know a bit about computer but when it comes down to it I'm
    >bloody useless!!

    If you search back in here for a few days this was covered in some
    depth, including how to cure it, but only for the brave and fearless!

    Mags, Aug 5, 2004

  3. EricP

    r_mervart Guest

    r_mervart, Aug 5, 2004
  4. EricP

    Mags Guest

    Mags, Aug 5, 2004
  5. EricP

    °Mike° Guest

    If you are fully patched (Windows update), then
    you are protected from the DSO exploit. Make
    sure that you have the latest SpyBot S&D installed,
    and use the immunizer. Also install SpywareBlaster,
    and use it.

    Spyware Blaster

    There is also DOS Stop:
    http://www.nsclean.com/dsostop.html