DSLR rundown.

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by George Preddy, Apr 11, 2004.

  1. George Preddy

    DM Guest

    (George Preddy) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Sigma SD9 - 3.43MP (1 sensed full color per 1 output pixel)
    > Sigma SD10 - 3.43MP (1 sensed full color per 1 output pixel**)
    > Kodak 14n - 3.38MP (1 sensed full color per 1 output pixel**)
    > Canon 1Ds - 2.76MP (1 sensed full color per 1 output pixel**)
    >
    > Camera body - Street Price
    > ==========================
    > SD9 - $630
    > SD10 - $1200
    > Kodak 14n - $4500
    > Canon 1Ds - $7200

    Hahahahaha! The brainless clown strikes again. This sounds like those cheap
    prep guides you see at some of the local magazine shops, "1000pgs, only $10"
    Everything from the material to the paper and printing is worse than dog crap.
    Keep 'em coming Mr. air-head. You entertain me.

    DM, Apr 19, 2004

  2. George Preddy

    Bill Funk Guest

    On 18 Apr 2004 21:03:19 -0700, (George Preddy)
    wrote:

    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in message news:<c5rqnv$qnq$>...
    >> George Preddy <> wrote:

    >> >The Sigma SDs (read: the only pro quality digital SLRs available) are
    >> >obviously the only 3.43 non-interpolated machines.

    >> So when you claim that it's a 13.72MP camera you're lying.
    >>
    >> Noted.

    >13.72MP is the only interpolated resolution choice Foveon supports.
    >The Sigmas are the highest MP cameras of all the DSLRs.
    >
    >The 14n is reasonably close to the Simga's MP count, in theory, but it
    >sufferes from severe color artifacting due to the ommision of a blur
    >filter along with using a mosiac sensor--big mistake. This lowers the
    >usable effective resolution of the 14n to less than half of the Foveon
    >sensor according to discover Magazine's exhaustive tests.

    George,
    Just out of curiosity, how much Sigma stock do you own?

    --
    Bill Funk
    replace "g" with "a"

    Bill Funk, Apr 19, 2004

  3. George Preddy

    Charlie Self Guest

    Bill Funk asks:

    >>The 14n is reasonably close to the Simga's MP count, in theory, but it
    >>sufferes from severe color artifacting due to the ommision of a blur
    >>filter along with using a mosiac sensor--big mistake. This lowers the
    >>usable effective resolution of the 14n to less than half of the Foveon
    >>sensor according to discover Magazine's exhaustive tests.

    >George,
    >Just out of curiosity, how much Sigma stock do you own?

    Given the harm he has done Sigma here, I'd guess he has far more Canon and
    Nikon stock. Sigma would be wise to locate him and pay him to shut up.

    Charlie Self
    "Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a
    pleasure." Ambrose Bierce

    Charlie Self, Apr 19, 2004
  4. George Preddy

    Guest

    In message <>,
    Bill Funk <> wrote:

    >George,
    >Just out of curiosity, how much Sigma stock do you own?

    His entire brain is invested in Sigma, and there's no room in it for
    anything else.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Apr 20, 2004
  5. George Preddy

    Ray Fischer Guest

    George Preddy <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote in message news:<c5rqnv$qnq$>...
    >> George Preddy <> wrote:

    >> >The Sigma SDs (read: the only pro quality digital SLRs available) are
    >> >obviously the only 3.43 non-interpolated machines.

    >> So when you claim that it's a 13.72MP camera you're lying.
    >>
    >> Noted.

    >13.72MP is the only interpolated resolution choice Foveon supports.
    >The Sigmas are the highest MP cameras of all the DSLRs.

    Preddy is insane. He thinks that a 3.43MP camera has a higher
    resolution than a 14MP camera.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Apr 20, 2004