    Today, according to my DSE DSL router, the upstream speed has increased
    to 800kbps.....and the bittorrent client is uploading at about 75kb/sec.

    Cool.....
    steve, Nov 30, 2006

  2. >
    > Today, according to my DSE DSL router, the upstream speed has increased to
    > 800kbps.....and the bittorrent client is uploading at about 75kb/sec.
    >
    > Cool.....

    The Rate limiting is done someone else in the network..

    Thanks
    Craig
    Craig Whitmore, Nov 30, 2006

  3. steve

    Puff Guest

    As simple as an off-day for your torrent?

    Puff, Nov 30, 2006
  4. steve

    Blue Guest

    On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:47:54 +1300, steve wrote:

    > I'm on Orcon's version of the DSL service. Max / max.
    >
    > That used to be 3.5mbps down and 512kbps up....
    >
    > Today, according to my DSE DSL router, the upstream speed has increased
    > to 800kbps.....and the bittorrent client is uploading at about 75kb/sec.
    >
    > Cool.....

    Yep the files are arriving.

    Any, and every server on the bittorrent network has the ability to control
    what they give. Also torrents do dry up as time goes by.

    So how many are you seeding?
    Blue, Dec 1, 2006
  5. steve

    steve Guest

    Puff wrote:

    > As simple as an off-day for your torrent?

    UPloading?

    75kbps is 800kbps UP......

    steve, Dec 2, 2006
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    Blue wrote:

    > On Thu, 30 Nov 2006 17:47:54 +1300, steve wrote:
    >
    >> I'm on Orcon's version of the DSL service. Max / max.
    >>
    >> That used to be 3.5mbps down and 512kbps up....
    >>
    >> Today, according to my DSE DSL router, the upstream speed has increased
    >> to 800kbps.....and the bittorrent client is uploading at about 75kb/sec.
    >>
    >> Cool.....

    > Yep the files are arriving.
    >
    > Any, and every server on the bittorrent network has the ability to control
    > what they give. Also torrents do dry up as time goes by.
    >
    > So how many are you seeding?

    I tend to be a peer that leaves the torrent running until I have uploaded AT
    LEAST 1.0......and often 3 or 4 (if left overnight).

    I moved to the Advance 100 plan so my quota is now 100GB.
    steve, Dec 2, 2006
  7. steve

    Puff Guest

    My bad, misread as 75Kbps = 800kbps instead of your 75KBps (bits vs bytes).

    Puff, Dec 2, 2006