    and Ive now had to move all my gear to another room and obviously want to
    move the router as wll, but it goes dead when its plugged into any point
    except the Telecom one.
    XPD, May 16, 2006

  2. XPD

    Paul Guest

    "XPD" <spam@xpd> wrote:

    >Is it easy enuff to move a telecom installed dsl filter to another phone
    >point ? Or is it a Telcom only job.....
    >
    >Im asking because they originally did a full install in one of the bedrooms
    >and Ive now had to move all my gear to another room and obviously want to
    >move the router as wll, but it goes dead when its plugged into any point
    >except the Telecom one.

    Depends on how much you know If you can wire a jackpoint and have a
    impact tool then you should be ok
    The spliter should be in the connection box at the house A 3way joint
    in on the org/white 1, to spilter 2,incoming line <black cable from
    road> 3, wire to adsl jackpoint
    On the other side of the spilter <blue,white> goes to the house wiring
    <alarm,phone jacks>
    So if there is a double jack where the dsl is reuse it in the new room
    and use the spare wires to get back to connection box or to the old
    adsl jack point
    Telecoms price to do this is 150 dollars Best to do it yourself or if
    you see any telecom vans offer some beer money to do it as a private
    job
    Hope that helps
    -Paul
    "Overclockers do it hotter and faster"