    type of traffic, but how to make an access-list out of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0

    Please help

    , Jul 5, 2005

  2. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I have a main site and 5 remote site. 5 sites connected through T1
    >lines, and using GRE though PIX as a backup if t1 line fails. It works
    >great, the only thing that I have left is to backup my DSL line using
    >T1 line. How do I do this. I know that I can setup rtr, and track
    >command to send ICMP reqeuests to my DSL router. But then what, if my
    >default route
    >ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.5.254
    >points to PIX firewall, how do I change that, to work with rtr, track
    >and route-map. I know it is easy to setup access-list to determine the
    >type of traffic, but how to make an access-list out of 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
    >
    >Please help

    Maybe I'm missing something in your question, but backing up the
    DSL ISP link once you've set up rtr should be a trivial matter of
    making the current static default route track the rtr status and
    having a second floating static default route pointing to the other
    end of your T1. Of course, that assumes that the other end of the
    T1 has the appropriate default route.

    You do need to consider route redistribution carefully, as it will
    be very easy to set up routing loops, consider if both ends of a
    T1 lose their local default route and start sending Internet bound
    traffic down the same T1...bye bye bandwidth!

    Good luck and have fun!
    http://www.networkingunlimited.com

    Vincent C Jones, Jul 6, 2005