    What's wrong with this picture?

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Sep 29, 2004

  2. Wizard Guest

    Use WEP.

    --
    "Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the
    statue."

    Wizard, Sep 29, 2004

    :

    --
    I'm out of sick days, so I'm calling in dead.

    Martin O'Brien, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Guest

    Could you be more cryptic?

  5. Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Plugged in the modem and then the wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS).
    > I'm hard wired and all works OK.
    > This doesn't sound right. It means that my neighbors can do the same.

    Yep

    > What's wrong with this picture?

    Nothing. You're the one who got the wireless router. What's your address
    BTW?

    Plato, Sep 29, 2004
  6. DeMoN LaG Guest

    wrote in news::

    > What's wrong with this picture?

    You have a wireless router with no WEP encryption enabled and no MAC
    filtering. You should create at least a 64-bit WEP key, and enable MAC
    filtering and allow only the MAC addresses of your wireless cards to
    connect to the wireless side of the router.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Sep 29, 2004
  7. Guest

    Thanks all,

    I think I know where to start now.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Sep 30, 2004
  8. Guest

    Just wanted to thank you folks. Got it all set up.

    It would appear that the current generation of techies has created bad
    user interface of monumental proportions - worse than setting up an
    early modem and downloading Mosaic.

    Roy - Carpe Noctem

    , Oct 3, 2004