    So, what's the recommended DSL modem (preferably something including a
    3-4 port hub and good firewalling capabilities with a price tag under
    $10 :)

    Bruce Simpson, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Bruce Simpson

    Allistar Guest

    Bruce Simpson wrote:

    > Okay, I'm shifting house next week and my new abode is in an area that
    > has DSL (at last).
    >
    > So, what's the recommended DSL modem (preferably something including a
    > 3-4 port hub and good firewalling capabilities with a price tag under
    > $10 :)

    Not quite under $10 but I use and recommend the Nokia M1122. Built in
    firewall, easy to configure with a web interface, you can open up pinholes
    to allow remote connections etc. Have never had any trouble with it. It has
    4 10Mb/s ports on it.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, Jul 23, 2003

  3. On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:13:45 +1200, Allistar
    <> wrote:

    >Bruce Simpson wrote:
    >
    >> Okay, I'm shifting house next week and my new abode is in an area that
    >> has DSL (at last).
    >>
    >> So, what's the recommended DSL modem (preferably something including a
    >> 3-4 port hub and good firewalling capabilities with a price tag under
    >> $10 :)

    >Not quite under $10 but I use and recommend the Nokia M1122. Built in
    >firewall, easy to configure with a web interface, you can open up pinholes
    >to allow remote connections etc. Have never had any trouble with it. It has
    >4 10Mb/s ports on it.

    And who sells those here?
    Bruce Simpson, Jul 23, 2003
  4. Bruce Simpson

    Matt B Guest

    In news:,
    Bruce Simpson <> wrote:
    > On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 21:13:45 +1200, Allistar
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Bruce Simpson wrote:
    >>
    >>> Okay, I'm shifting house next week and my new abode is in an area
    >>> that has DSL (at last).
    >>>
    >>> So, what's the recommended DSL modem (preferably something
    >>> including a 3-4 port hub and good firewalling capabilities with a
    >>> price tag under $10 :)

    >> Not quite under $10 but I use and recommend the Nokia M1122. Built in
    >> firewall, easy to configure with a web interface, you can open up
    >> pinholes to allow remote connections etc. Have never had any trouble
    >> with it. It has 4 10Mb/s ports on it.

    > And who sells those here?

    AFAIK they've been discontinued, but I have a spare that I could be
    persuaded to part with.

    (All - what's a reasonable price for one of these now?)

    At home I'm using a DSE X-something-or-other - 4 port 100Mbps switch,
    optional USB, sweet as and cheap (circa $250). Pulled the Nokia out of the
    loop at the office and replaced with another beast (which I can't recall -
    will check and get back) that has full SPI firewall, solid as a rock.

    I know, not tremendously helpful...

    --
    Regards,

    Matt B