  1. What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    to ones dsl modem?

    Please advise:
    Michael Bower, Oct 28, 2007

  2. Michael Bower wrote:
    > What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    > to ones dsl modem?
    >
    > Please advise:

    Is it just a modem or is it a modem/router? Anyway, a call to tech
    support with the DSL provider would be a good idea.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Oct 28, 2007

  3. Michael Bower

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:29:56 GMT, "Michael Bower"
    <> wrote:

    >What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    >to ones dsl modem?

    Do you mean a PPPoE DSL connection - a username and password to
    CONNECT to the Internet, or a username and password to log into the
    administrative section of your DSL Modem's interface?
    Evan Platt, Oct 28, 2007
  4. Michael Bower

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-10-28, Michael Bower <> wrote:
    > What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    > to ones dsl modem?
    >
    > Please advise:

    Presumably the instructions that came with the device. Try the maker's
    web site if you've lost the instructions. (I have seen a DSL modem/router
    with the default login details printed on the back of the case, but that's
    not usual - or sensible, although of course the defaults should be changed
    the first time the thing is used).

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Oct 28, 2007
  5. Michael Bower

    Plato Guest

    Michael Bower wrote:

    > What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    > to ones dsl modem?

    I have DSL now. And I can connect the modem to any PC and it works. No
    password required.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Oct 29, 2007
  6. Michael Bower

    chuckcar Guest

    Plato <|@|.|> wrote in news:47258df1$2$250$:

    > Michael Bower wrote:
    >>
    >> What is or how does one find out the account number and password to
    >> log in to ones dsl modem?

    > I have DSL now. And I can connect the modem to any PC and it works. No
    > password required.

    But your DSL "router" uses one. Take a look at the setup you used when
    you first got it.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 29, 2007
  7. Michael Bower

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:48:57 -0500, chuckcar <> wrote:

    >But your DSL "router" uses one. Take a look at the setup you used when
    >you first got it.

    Non necessarily.

    Only if it's PPPoE, otherwise it's DHCP.
    Evan Platt, Oct 29, 2007
  8. Michael Bower

    kráftéé Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 07:48:57 -0500, chuckcar <> wrote:
    >
    >> But your DSL "router" uses one. Take a look at the setup you used
    >> when you first got it.

    > Non necessarily.
    >
    > Only if it's PPPoE, otherwise it's DHCP.

    it still requires user name & password with PPOA
    kráftéé, Oct 29, 2007
  9. Michael Bower

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 16:29:56 GMT, "Michael Bower" <> wrote:

    >What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    >to ones dsl modem?

    The manual will provide the default username and password and you can
    press the reset button to revert to default settings.

    >Please advise:

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    I do not represent atheists or atheism
    Barry OGrady, Oct 29, 2007
  10. Michael Bower

    Plato Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    > >> What is or how does one find out the account number and password to
    > >> log in to ones dsl modem?

    > > I have DSL now. And I can connect the modem to any PC and it works. No
    > > password required.
    > >

    > But your DSL "router" uses one. Take a look at the setup you used when
    > you first got it.

    I dont have a router where I am living at the moment. I gave my router
    up to my son. I'm using an old version of Zone Alarm for my incoming and
    outgoing traffic.
    Plato, Oct 30, 2007
  11. Michael Bower

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 29 Oct 2007 19:01:10 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >> > I have DSL now. And I can connect the modem to any PC and it works. No
    >> > password required.
    >> >

    >> But your DSL "router" uses one. Take a look at the setup you used when
    >> you first got it.

    >I dont have a router where I am living at the moment. I gave my router
    >up to my son. I'm using an old version of Zone Alarm for my incoming and
    >outgoing traffic.

    No, you are not.

    Barry
    =====
    Barry OGrady, Nov 1, 2007
  12. Michael Bower

    MoiMoi Guest

    In article <47258df1$2$250$>, |@|.| says...
    > Michael Bower wrote:
    > >
    > > What is or how does one find out the account number and password to log in
    > > to ones dsl modem?

    > I have DSL now. And I can connect the modem to any PC and it works. No
    > password required.

    That's because your username/password is saved in the modem.
    Reset it, and it won't connect until you run its internal dialogue
    again.

    MM
    MoiMoi, Nov 10, 2007