DSL in Windows 3.1

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=, Jul 16, 2006.

  1. If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows 3.1 can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through a router?

    =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=, Jul 16, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?pqamU0hBRDBXpqam?=

    Travis M. Guest

    "¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦" <> wrote in message
    news:xujug.116$ZX6.53@trndny04
    > If I get an ISA-format Ethernet card and install it on Windows
    > 3.1
    > can I use Verizon DSL with it? How about if it is run through
    > router?

    I don't see why not.

    --

    Travis in Shoreline Washington

    Travis M., Jul 16, 2006

  3. Networking is Networking, it will get to the Internet just fine
    (Provided that you setup the card correctly) ... the problem is going
    to be the old version of Internet Explorer. Very few modern web sites
    will display correctly on such an out dated browser

    Gold Key Technology Solutions, Jul 16, 2006
  4. Oh thats fine. IE 2.0 is great! It just displays what it needs to. Text
    and images!

    ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦, Jul 16, 2006
  5. ¦¦¦SHAD0W¦¦¦ wrote:
    > Oh thats fine. IE 2.0 is great! It just displays what it needs to. Text
    > and images!

    <snip>

    Forget about version 2.0, you'll get Internet Explorer 5 for Win 3.1. I
    still have a Windows 3.11 box connected to network, doing okay.

    I got that IE from an old CD. Try here at
    http://www.cintek.com/download/ie5.htm.

    --
    Raqueeb Hassan
    Bangladesh